The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Some elbow grease, a blast cabinet, and a polishing wheel..... very dangerous things, but I like where this is headed....

534202_410170575704326_631456986_n.jpg

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
A buddy of mine down here in TN used 97 ford D60 outers on the SD front end he put under his wifes Fummins.

You go that route or do something different?

Yea I could have sold you the ones I had machined with new studs as well.
The reason I switch to 95 Knuckles was the fact was running 20x12 with a 36" tire. I was worried about the stress on the redrilled hubs failing.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yea I could have sold you the ones I had machined with new studs as well.
The reason I switch to 95 Knuckles was the fact was running 20x12 with a 36" tire. I was worried about the stress on the redrilled hubs failing.

No worries about the stress breaking those - I'll probably end up on some 20x12s wrapped in 36s myself, maybe even 37s.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Fair enough... LOL

How's it coming Jason? Ennis is closing in fast!!

Its coming! Working away at it as much as I can stand each night after work - no updates because there just little detail stuff being done - major reassembly will start happening VERY soon and hopefully it all falls together as planned!

Hopefully it will fire up again for the first time since I disassembled it as early as this coming Monday.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Its a mad dash to get this thing running tonight/tomorrow/sunday. I WILL drive this thing Sunday damn it. Then drive it to work all next week, tweak on it, get it dyno tuned next Saturday - and then leave for Texas on Thursday!

To do list includes: painting rear axle, installing new wheel bearings/seals/brakes, All new brake lines, new hydroboost setup, relocating the ABS module to under the hood, finish the new fuel system, finalize the wiring changes for the battery relocation, fluids for everything, install cab and bed, drive.

Then once step one is completed - I do something - then step three is profit!

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Well Jason hows it coming?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I somewhat purposefully haven't posted in here yet.... I'm a bit saddened to say that I missed my goals. While the truck has made good progress - its still not running and it isn't headed to Texas next week. There is just too many little things to do and too many little things went wrong last weekend. Combine that with me also busting my tail to get ready for an industry trade show for work that takes place the beginning of next week - and you can see the deck was stacked against me.

Pretty bummed about the whole situation actually - but since I refuse to compromise on the truck to get it ready - it just isn't ready yet. I could have maybe slapped it all together and made the trip - but that is not what this project is about.

MINK

Reaction score
I somewhat purposefully haven't posted in here yet.... I'm a bit saddened to say that I missed my goals. While the truck has made good progress - its still not running and it isn't headed to Texas next week. There is just too many little things to do and too many little things went wrong last weekend. Combine that with me also busting my tail to get ready for an industry trade show for work that takes place the beginning of next week - and you can see the deck was stacked against me.

Pretty bummed about the whole situation actually - but since I refuse to compromise on the truck to get it ready - it just isn't ready yet. I could have maybe slapped it all together and made the trip - but that is not what this project is about.

Sucks man, your welcome to my truck if you need it for the trip - I'm sure ill see you soon to give you your lights.

It's better off anyways to not rush such a intensive project.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Sucks man, your welcome to my truck if you need it for the trip - I'm sure ill see you soon to give you your lights.

It's better off anyways to not rush such a intensive project.

We are going to make the trip in the TDI - that will be the most fuel efficient method. I'll still have to make the trip later on this year with the truck and trailer to pick up some trucks.... no point in spending that fuel money twice.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.