The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Sneak peak at the rear end of the Dmax. New cross members, batteries re-located, air bags, air tank, over the frame sway bar, resevoir shocks (not pictured), etc.... going to be an awesome DD/tow truck. :)

Better pics later.

185097_406127832775267_674423986_n.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Minkalicious laid down some Lizzard Skin sound deadening - going to hit it with another coat and then throw on some thermal insulation on top of it and be good to rock.

Chassis is looking pretty bare.... :(

Batteries, air tank, air bags, shocks (not pictured), over the axle sway bar, gooseneck hitch, receiver hitch, etc... all living together out back....

Ray Dog and Lorren hit some engine parts with some paint:

I think this color combo rocks.. metallic charcoal with a textured black with copper flake in it for accents.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Lookin good J!

Sup with all that stuff out back? Batteries gonna be a bioatch to get to lol

Negatory - the batteries are easy to get to from the bottom - there is plenty of room to slip them on up and into place - they will be side hook up batteries - so no top posts - and all that stuff is out back because I am out of room on this big pig. LOL The 52 gallon Titan fuel tank takes up all the room on the driver's side all the way to the transfer case - the passenger side is getting fitting with some noise reduction pieces ala Rich's setup with a 30" long 5" resonator followed by a 5" Hushpower - under the hood I was down to a single battery - and that space is getting taken by the on board air compressor now.... basically every chunk of real estate in this pig now has a purpose and its a snug fit LOL

89xj

Reaction score
Jesus. That back end is BUSY but all with a purpose. Gonna link this thread to a DMax buddy of mine. Been watching this an Matt's builds forever now. Very nice work you guys do. Just wish I had the patience an somewhere to do it.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
A quick update.

561006_407231162664934_2145772897_n.jpg

423923_408175825903801_153444718_n.jpg

Frame is painted now - its almost time to work on reassembly. I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss the Delaware trip deadline... :(

genuineford

Reaction score
Are you going to have that thing done to come to TS next year? It looks like we are going to try and make it down there. I might be able to bring some Wisconsin Alcohol for you if you do. :poke:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Bummer dude, sounds like it's time to pull a few all nighters.

Been spending a few hours in the shop each night - headed there now in fact. Just tons of little details to do to make me happy. I MIGHT have it running by the end of the weekend - but not sure yet. I have to tech a truck pull Friday night and a truck pull Saturday night - so they won't be all nighters in the shop - be pretty beat pup by the time I get home. Honestly.... I wouldn't complain if it rained and they got cancelled. LOL

Are you going to have that thing done to come to TS next year? It looks like we are going to try and make it down there. I might be able to bring some Wisconsin Alcohol for you if you do. :poke:

I sure as hell hope so! It IS going to Ennis Texas in a few weeks.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

I am also planning on making this, this coming year. Haven't seen a lot of faces on here in awhile!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
It's still up in the air if I'm going to make Ennis or not. I'm leaning towards probably not because were flying to Dallas next weekend, then I go to work for 2 weeks, and I really don't feel like buy fuel or another flight to Texas. Maybe we can make a northern trip soon and I can check this beauty out!! Glad everything is coming together for you Jason!

Latest posts

Members online