The Singled Out Build

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
But who has proven that? If a gtx3582r actually makes more power than my s366 idgaf what it costs, shut up and take my money.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
I just simply referred to the compressor maps of each turbo. The compressor map of a gtx3582, maxed out, looks like it flows 75-78lbs/min. The s366 looks like it makes pretty close to the same maxed out. So the benefit of ridiculously better spool up with close to the same airflow.... I'm all over that.

Then if you go to the gtx4088, which is a 65mm, with a turbine housing better suited for a truck with big fuel, you're, on paper, say ahead of an s366, still with better spool.

Even though the 3582 has a pretty small turbine wheel, I wouldn't count it out. My buddy has a triple set up on his Cummins and it flat out works with the 3582 as the small turbo. Barely touching the throttle the boost it already over 10lbs. Obviously a good gate set up is needed to keep bp in check though.

Reaction score
I'm going to say, the gtx3582r will not make the same power. We did back to back on a customers with cast 366, billet 366 and a gt4094r and they were all very similar. The biggest different is that the 4094 was heads and tails better driving.

The gtx3582r we used spools awesome but lacks the top end and turbine flow. Great changer but it will not support 700hp on fuel like a good billet s366 will. Gtx4088r is pretty close. Cody has one on his 6.4. Says it drives great. But not any major power difference from the s366.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
In real life I would put the gtx4088r as an equal power wise to a good billet s366. Just much better driveability.

From my experiences with Garret's the numbers they show on their website are very much best case scenario and not so much real world.

With that being said, if it were my personal single charger 6.4 I would most likely have a garret. Just for driveability.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
In real life I would put the gtx4088r as an equal power wise to a good billet s366. Just much better driveability.

From my experiences with Garret's the numbers they show on their website are very much best case scenario and not so much real world.

With that being said, if it were my personal single charger 6.4 I would most likely have a garret. Just for driveability.

You think it's as durable or more durable than an s400?

I'd love to try the gtx4088r on my 6.4, it's going to tow so I'm willing to pay for better spool up

Jonnydime

Reaction score
You think it's as durable or more durable than an s400?

I'd love to try the gtx4088r on my 6.4, it's going to tow so I'm willing to pay for better spool up

Just do it and it if you don't like it I will buy it off of you to upgrade the GT4088R in my compound setup:thumbup:.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have thrown waaay more fuel at my garrett bb turbo than its designed for and it's been great. I realize thats not the same as a 4088 or 3582.

I do know that spoolup and rollingvresistance is much better on the bb turbos. Mine will spin for a minute after the truck is shut down.

Im an outsider. I simply wondered why on these 6.4s with the constant, extensive motor work being done, all that $$$, why not spend 8 grand on turbos instead of 3-4 on box jb chargers. Madman answered my question.

In a compound setup, you would think it'd make all the difference in the world.

Id like to do compounds but I need some billet ribs before my truck will take that kind of pressure down low. So i might need a Lincoln locker special Morgan

Last edited:

Mattf1987

Reaction score
Well guys I got the 467.7/87/1.0 in and after some tuning changes from Matt the truck rips. I was having so much fun the trans just decided to loose all gears and throw 2 solonoid codes. A and d performance/stuck off

co04cobra

Reaction score
Nope it's all good tho. I will be upgrading to a warren full billet unit with updates as soon as I get some other things taken care of

You guys have any of warrens units in higher HP trucks? Not bashing, I have no experience with them at all.

Was just wondering for some of my customers 5r needs too.

Mattf1987

Reaction score
Nope we don't. My trans was bound to go. It has a billet input shaft and clutches with a shift kit but it had no billet parts behind the input also it didn't have the updated hub.

Mattf1987

Reaction score
I'm going to go with the warren full billet because it will cost me a fraction of what it would cost to have Morgan trans. If it fails then I will consider switching.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah Morgan's isn't cheap, he puts brand new errythang in, valve body, solenoids, pump, etc. I tried doing the same thing he does on my own and realized why his costs so much and sent it to him lol.

Mattf1987

Reaction score
To clear my last post up, because I already had a warren trans I'm going to upgrade it to their full billett trans with a fresh rebuild and new clutches ect for under 3k so we will see I still haven't pulled the trans yet

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that, that's an awesome deal.. I was just sharing my experience because I too thought it was really expensive until I was more educated on the subject lol.

Black AOD

Reaction score
To clear my last post up, because I already had a warren trans I'm going to upgrade it to their full billett trans with a fresh rebuild and new clutches ect for under 3k so we will see I still haven't pulled the trans yet

Didn't realize it already was a warren build before hand. Now I understand! :rockon:

Mattf1987

Reaction score
Yea it was a basic trans job with clutches billett input and shift kit so it really was only rated for around 650 I would say. I knew it was only a matter of time before it said it's fairwell!

Latest posts

Members online