Thinking single turbo, got a few questions

Stroked777

Reaction score
Should be getting something on the machine this week. Our machinist has been sick, and we have a series of big projects that are in a pinch to be finished with deadlines, so things have to be put on hold to get these done.

Honestly 30% of 60% are more than enough fuel, our 30% nozzles put down 900hp on spray, 750 on fuel. If youre looking for fuel only1000hp, then would I go 100%. But 60% nozzles with dual pumps and good tuning and you will be on track for anything thats more than enough on the street.

You can only cut back pulse width so far before the truck starts to idle funny (to cut down on hazing), drivability no matter what you do is going to be less with a larger nozzle.

cast 472 flows more than a batmo 72 FYI, I would also recommend 2200 stall, like what is in Mikes truck.

Wow thanks for all the good info, does the stall rpm change drivability at all? My only concern about going from stock stall is can I still run 2200 rpm stall if I go
back to compounds and run the 76/59 set up i always thought about running without changing the tq

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Honestly, stall changes and is dictated with how much power and torque the truck makes. It may change driveability a little, but any higher and the 5r just hates it, ask Mike LOL

The higher stall really shines when staging at the truck, it lights easier thats for sure. I you can run the same converter with either setup.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Honestly, stall changes and is dictated with how much power and torque the truck makes. It may change driveability a little, but any higher and the 5r just hates it, ask Mike LOL

The higher stall really shines when staging at the truck, it lights easier thats for sure. I you can run the same converter with either setup.

That's what I figured it would do, let you rev higher while staging. Thanks for the info

Stroked777

Reaction score
So you suggest the cast wheel if I was to go with a 472? Is there a trade off from not having a billet (if the offer it) or from not having the double batmo, besides the air flow, what's the positives and negitives

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
batmo is a joke, there is a 72fmw that flows a ton of air, but theyre like $2400 retail.

For the price the cast 472 is hard to beat. the added cost isnt really worth it in my opinion.

Stroked777

Reaction score
can anyone post a pic under the hood of a single? im curious as to what it looks like under there, what you have to do with the intake, the fuel cooler/ acuator lines, and how you mount the fuel cooler, i dont plan on deleting the fuel bowl for a bit. jw what the set up looks like

pog

Reaction score
the best pics i have atm. deleted fuel cooler.
IMG-20120816-00194.jpg

IMG-20120816-00190.jpg

pog

Reaction score
well when we first did the delete and single setup i drove it on hwy 5 (hwy thru hell) in mid august. it was 30-35. fuel temp was just fine. now my egts on that hwy+spartan tuning sucked big time lol

Latest posts

Members online