this is why we can't have nice things....

Reaction score
my buddy's 12 with a 64mm streetmax gets its ass handed to it by my tune-only 6.4

Your 6.4 is a reg cab, and the 6.7 if we are talking the same one, is a stock hpfp ccsb iirc? Hard to compare that. The 6.7's don't make the torque a 6.4 does.

We all love the 6.4 and all its problems. When they run they run great. The 6.7's comparatively are a great engine. But everyone is gonna have a favorite.

I will say that a 11-14 6r140 is just as capable or more than a stock 5r110 if tuned right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
In a few months or so we will see what a deleted 15 (buddies) can do vs my billet 66 6.4. Both CCSB. Both 3.55's gears. Im just waiting for him to delete it LOL.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Your 6.4 is a reg cab, and the 6.7 if we are talking the same one, is a stock hpfp ccsb iirc? Hard to compare that. The 6.7's don't make the torque a 6.4 does.

We all love the 6.4 and all its problems. When they run they run great. The 6.7's comparatively are a great engine. But everyone is gonna have a favorite.

I will say that a 11-14 6r140 is just as capable or more than a stock 5r110 if tuned right.

it's not like I'm edging his truck out. It's bus lengths.

when I get a 6.7, you're tuning my trans! (or whoever you recommend!!)

getstroked27

Reaction score
This is so dumB. Here is what I am pretty sure happened after some thinking and diagnostic things. Turns out it's not at all my fault, my tuner had been testing out files for the past month, and he done did something bad with it, then told me to drive it after it developed a knock, in case something broke. Then he quit. Yayyy me. Looks like I am spending my money on a new beater for the time being. No reason to get rid of the truck this time. Really though I had a good reason to get a 6.7 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
it's not like I'm edging his truck out. It's bus lengths.

when I get a 6.7, you're tuning my trans! (or whoever you recommend!!)

Will do.

With stock 2015 ccsb going mid to high
12's on a tune. I would say if you got everything dialed in it will hang with a comparable weight 6.4.

But with that being said. Your rclb 6.4 will also put bus lengths on a ccsb 6.4. 1100# is 1100# no matter how you see it. Most rclb weighing in at 7-7300# and most ccsb running 81-8400#. And believe it or not the 6.7's are heavier than comparable 6.4 trucks for some reason. My 6.7 cclb dually weighs 9000# with just me in it brand new empty. That's almost 500# over the same 6.4 cclb dually I had.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Will do.

With stock 2015 ccsb going mid to high
12's on a tune. I would say if you got everything dialed in it will hang with a comparable weight 6.4.

But with that being said. Your rclb 6.4 will also put bus lengths on a ccsb 6.4. 1100# is 1100# no matter how you see it. Most rclb weighing in at 7-7300# and most ccsb running 81-8400#. And believe it or not the 6.7's are heavier than comparable 6.4 trucks for some reason. My 6.7 cclb dually weighs 9000# with just me in it brand new empty. That's almost 500# over the same 6.4 cclb dually I had.

Say 2015 vs 6.4 both CCSB close to same weight both on their highest tunes CAI exhaust. which will win?

cbrown

Reaction score
This is so dumB. Here is what I am pretty sure happened after some thinking and diagnostic things. Turns out it's not at all my fault, my tuner had been testing out files for the past month, and he done did something bad with it, then told me to drive it after it developed a knock, in case something broke. Then he quit. Yayyy me. Looks like I am spending my money on a new beater for the time being. No reason to get rid of the truck this time. Really though I had a good reason to get a 6.7 😂😂😂

So who's tuning, or did I miss that?

getstroked27

Reaction score
We hired him, he's been around for quite a few years. Did a lot of work for a lot of big name companies. I know the tuning wasn't the issue, I think it was the month of flogging on the truck all day everyday with different files and **** that did it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
We hired him, he's been around for quite a few years. Did a lot of work for a lot of big name companies. I know the tuning wasn't the issue, I think it was the month of flogging on the truck all day everyday with different files and **** that did it.

KEM ?

Reaction score
Say 2015 vs 6.4 both CCSB close to same weight both on their highest tunes CAI exhaust. which will win?

6.4. No doubt.

Well, considering there are tune only ccsb 6.4's running anywhere from 13.0 to 12.6 and the fastest I've heard of a 2015 ccsb running a 12.8 so far. I'm sure it can go either way depending on if the 6.4 is new and healthy or old and tired. But I wouldn't say that the 6.4 wins every time.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
i would .

Well, considering there are tune only ccsb 6.4's running anywhere from 13.0 to 12.6 and the fastest I've heard of a 2015 ccsb running a 12.8 so far. I'm sure it can go either way depending on if the 6.4 is new and healthy or old and tired. But I wouldn't say that the 6.4 wins every time.

Interesting LOL.

Once my buddy get's a tuner on his 15 we will have to put this to a test.

I got another buddy with a CCSB 6.4 with GH tunes.

Both will have CAI,exhaust,cai.

swinky

Reaction score
That 12.8 seems to be a bit of a fluke. Haven't seen any others even come close.

A buddy of mines 15 450 with 4.30 gears did run a 14.1 the other night with a 98mph I think trap though with just deletes. Pretty impressive imo.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk