Thoughts on the 6.4

MorganY

Reaction score
I would get a 6.4 too. It will be my next truck. Techs see these vehicles day in an day out, and I don't doubt their work or experience. However, they deal with a majority of stock vehicles on a regular basis. Majority of the 6.4 owners who drive them stock have no idea about the true effects of the dpf, and emissions equipment and the effect it has on reliability. I love my 6.0, but holding 1000hp on a stock bottom end? I don't care what any diesel tech says. take the DPF and emissions off, maintain your truck, and it will stay alive. 6.4 FTW as much as I hate to give in to all my 6.4 buddies..:fustrate:

Jake

Reaction score
So what are yall seeing a STOCK 6.4 lasting? I have a friend with an 08 with a injector pump that is giving him fits, and after his mechanic up there and one of my buddies that is a ford tech he says a stock truck with 170,000 miles on it, there is not much life left in that motor. Says #8 is a common failure from the regen injection. what have yall seen?

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Goodness been really looking at these 6.4 builds and just deletes and tuner can do wish I would have bought a 6.4!!! At least this truck is almost paid off so i can save money sell my truck and get a 6.4!

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I wouldnt listen to very many ford techs. Talk to them about anything in depth and they have no clue. They know warranty repair and that is it. Not sayin every tech but the majority. I know first hand with my motor and the work needed to fix it after ford said it needed a new motor. 1 cracked piston on the front pass cyclinder caused by coolant was the fix. Did a lot of aftermarket stuff and did it all myself. The ford dealer techs were no help but this damn site sure as hell was.
Other than that ive had no issues. Close to 100k on the clock and its been tuned since the day i got it. Race files only

Latest posts

Members online