Ticking!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score

That's like saying "The nice side of Lewiston."

Whatever you got to tell yourself man! LOL

I'll be in Windham tomorrow afternoon at some point.

Hey now there are some 500k sub divisions near me a evil white bitch and a cranky cartman smug Mexican. LOLLOLLOL

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
HELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!! been trying since 10 am to get the oil filter off WTF it is like it is welded on oil filter wrenches now vise grips are not working at all. And yes righty tight lefty loosey I am turning it the right way.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Didn't you just say the jiffy-lube tech who changed the oil left the filter loose so it was leaking?
I'd bet you have a drive pressure leak that is causing your tick. 1700-2200rpm under load is prime time for you to hear it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Didn't you just say the jiffy-lube tech who changed the oil left the filter loose so it was leaking?
I'd bet you have a drive pressure leak that is causing your tick. 1700-2200rpm under load is prime time for you to hear it.

that got me thinking..... ive seen exhaust vband clamps roll back and get stuck on the fire wall and make a similar sound if they wernt tightened enough... might check it out..

live life full throttle

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
that got me thinking..... ive seen exhaust vband clamps roll back and get stuck on the fire wall and make a similar sound if they wernt tightened enough... might check it out..

live life full throttle

The past two days working on my oil filter my up-pipes(drivers side the worst) are worn same with passenger manifold.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The past two days working on my oil filter my up-pipes(drivers side the worst) are worn same with passenger manifold.

Black chit everywhere? Come to think of it, when my uppies where leaking it had that same raspy, tiny, rattling noise also.. my 01 is the worse... still haven't fixed them yet.

live life full throttle

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Starting to look it it is minor now I just got it Wednesday it will not pass Maine inspection but somehow took a sticker in NH on Tuesday?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Starting to look it it is minor now I just got it Wednesday it will not pass Maine inspection but somehow took a sticker in NH on Tuesday?

When the uppies where leaking on my dually, you couldnt see any soot on the fire wall... trans was ***in covered though.

live life full throttle

chongzilla

Reaction score
Any word on your issue? I'm having the same problem. Just changed my oil and cps but that just made it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Any word on your issue? I'm having the same problem. Just changed my oil and cps but that just made it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have coolant in my oil with a bad oil cooler no idea if they are related.

chongzilla

Reaction score
It could be an injector issue. Don't they sometimes leak a little coolant if the o-rings go bad. I could be wrong but I think I've heard of that before.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Not mine it decided to have a catastrophic failure after four days of hard work. I would ask lincolnlocker and tycorr they know their chit I do not in this regard.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

My old 7.3 had the same noise. when the truck had stock injectors it did that. Then the stockers went. I bought the swamps 160/100% injectors and they had the same ticking never could figure it out. Truck had good fuel pressure (60 PSI). New T-500 HPOP new oil new filters new VC's new swamps IDM. Still didn't go away. Ran 15W40 Valvoline premium blue in that truck. I just couldn't figure it out. People said it was injector tick and low fuel pressure but the truck had the new set and good fuel pressure. Changed to different grade and brand of oil same thing.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
My old 7.3 had the same noise. when the truck had stock injectors it did that. Then the stockers went. I bought the swamps 160/100% injectors and they had the same ticking never could figure it out. Truck had good fuel pressure (60 PSI). New T-500 HPOP new oil new filters new VC's new swamps IDM. Still didn't go away. Ran 15W40 Valvoline premium blue in that truck. I just couldn't figure it out. People said it was injector tick and low fuel pressure but the truck had the new set and good fuel pressure. Changed to different grade and brand of oil same thing.

Shell fuel makes it less of a tick but after hard balls to the wall flooring it it gets louder then normal again. Maybe it is a special breed of trucks like Sasquatch's or some chit like that but even more powerful than the rest haha.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Shell fuel makes it less of a tick but after hard balls to the wall flooring it it gets louder then normal again. Maybe it is a special breed of trucks like Sasquatch's or some chit like that but even more powerful than the rest haha.

Putting some fuel additive in the tank kinda quiet it down but it got loud again after a while. So I got used to it. Kinda annoying though.

golfer

Reaction score
just fyi~ there is no way for (bad) injector o-rings to allow coolant into oil, nor oil in coolant...

the injector o-rings have nothing to do with, nor contact, nor sealing of...engine coolant

Latest posts

Members online