Tow power x 2.0

Pan4905

Reaction score
I have a cracked piston and I'm in the planning phase of putting it all back together. I'm on the fence about the turbo setup, either the tow power x 2.0 using the precision low pressure with a factory style 59mm or the Jr. High powers. I'm planning a dual fuel setup with 60% injectors for fuel. I like the idea of having something different with the tow power x setup, having a ball bearing low pressure, being able to feed the wastegate into it etc. But the factory style turbos have proven their reliability and potential.
Are there any negatives or reasons not to go with tow power x setup? I'm looking for a reliable 750-850 daily driver.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Like JD and Kyle said, High Power Jr's.....drop in with a gate, make 750+ rwhp on 60% and twin k16s, and they spool awesome.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Don't listen to them they have no idea what they are talking aboutLOLLOL
I think you should try them out. They are a nice foundation to build on. I started with just a tow power x atmo and then my build took several different turns and turned into what I have now. I never even got to try it out before I swapped it for an 82.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Another vote for the stock appearing, I love my RCD setup(after putting 360 thrusts in).

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Don't forget the sweet sweet music that the turbine of the precision will make.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I am pretty sure they use the factory turbine. I think RCD was the only one to run different turbines in their drop ins.

Rubenk

Reaction score
The stock-appearing have alot more whistle and spool noise in the cab, but from outside its hard to capture with a camera. You can hear my exhaust over it usually.

Pan4905

Reaction score
I think with my goal of having something "reliable", I'll stick with something along the lines of a stock appearing setup. I really like the idea of going with something different, and really want that whistle, but I may have to pass on it for the sake of simplicity.

I had forgotten rcd had developed a 75/59. What's different on the exhaust side of it? Whatever is done, does it change the exhaust note any compared to stock? Would I benefit from it any over the jr high power? I don't even see it on their website anymore. I sent them an email inquiring, just waiting to hear back.

Black AOD

Reaction score
The stock-appearing have a lot more whistle and spool noise in the cab, but from outside its hard to capture with a camera. You can hear my exhaust over it usually.

What? I don't want to be a dik but I dont agree with that at all. My High Powers are way louder in the cab than my 72/59 work stocks ever were. I can't hear sh*t in the cab lol

Jonnydime

Reaction score
What? I don't want to be a dik but I dont agree with that at all. My High Powers are way louder in the cab than my 72/59 work stocks ever were. I can't hear sh*t in the cab lol
I think he is comparing stock to stock appearing.

Rubenk

Reaction score
I think with my goal of having something "reliable", I'll stick with something along the lines of a stock appearing setup. I really like the idea of going with something different, and really want that whistle, but I may have to pass on it for the sake of simplicity.

I had forgotten rcd had developed a 75/59. What's different on the exhaust side of it? Whatever is done, does it change the exhaust note any compared to stock? Would I benefit from it any over the jr high power? I don't even see it on their website anymore. I sent them an email inquiring, just waiting to hear back.

You cant get RCD's setup anymore, so its either a used set or Elites if you want to go big. Most turbo shops offer a 72/73 drop in though. If you go stock appearing make damn sure it has a 360 thrust, RCD didnt build theirs with them and I had to rebuild them pretty soon.

Pan4905

Reaction score
You cant get RCD's setup anymore, so its either a used set or Elites if you want to go big. Most turbo shops offer a 72/73 drop in though. If you go stock appearing make damn sure it has a 360 thrust, RCD didnt build theirs with them and I had to rebuild them pretty soon.

I have an elite 72mm right now with factory high pressure. Was going to upgrade and give it to my brother. Does the jr high power come with a 360 thrust?

Rubenk

Reaction score
I have an elite 72mm right now with factory high pressure. Was going to upgrade and give it to my brother. Does the jr high power come with a 360 thrust?

As far as I know, Elite builds them with 360 thrust.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.