Truck got hit by lightening. Advice please.

Charles

Reaction score
It was an "indirect" strikeand if it was to charge the truck, that tiny little 12V battery would explode, and those tiny little wires would melt

By charge the truck, I meant to charge it like a capacitor, meaning the actual TRUCK, not the stupid truck wiring, but the actual metal panels of the truck.

Snake

Reaction score
Just depends on whether what the lightning hits acts as a resistor or a conductor. Not really any different than a person being struck by lightning and surviving.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
The whole thought process of a vehicles tires is....

....a person might not get harmed inside a vehicle(similar to a Farady cage)because of the rubber tires.....the tires do not prevent the vehicle from getting damaged, they only help in the passengers not getting harmed.

PDT1081

Reaction score
The whole thought process of a vehicles tires is....

....a person might not get harmed inside a vehicle(similar to a Farady cage)because of the rubber tires.....the tires do not prevent the vehicle from getting damaged, they only help in the passengers not getting harmed.

The tires do nothing for the passengers. The metal "cage" of the vehicle is what protects them.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The tires do nothing for the passengers. The metal "cage" of the vehicle is what protects them.

The only thing protecting the person is any conductive material closer to the or in contact with the ground then the person is. so the electical current is going to travel through it rather than the person in order to get to the ground easiest/fastest

F250stroker08

Reaction score
Well the insurance guy came today. Truck is going to be totaled. :( I hate to see the truck go but i dont want constant problems with it. So now i gotta start lookin for a new truck. Looking for a 6.4 auto crew cab short bed.

The guy sid I coukd take all aftermrket parts off and replace with stock parts so thats a plus.

I also plugged my dashdaq into another truck and it wont turn on so I'm guessing its fried too. What should I do with it now?

Spatel23

Reaction score
Well the insurance guy came today. Truck is going to be totaled. :( I hate to see the truck go but i dont want constant problems with it. So now i gotta start lookin for a new truck. Looking for a 6.4 auto crew cab short bed.

The guy sid I coukd take all aftermrket parts off and replace with stock parts so thats a plus.

I also plugged my dashdaq into another truck and it wont turn on so I'm guessing its fried too. What should I do with it now?

Im willing to deal on mine which is for sale also.

If you are serious and the distance is a concern, give me a shout. Arrangements can be made around that.

Tell insurance that Dashdaq is expensive and they need to cover it also.

brian89

Reaction score
Lots of memories in that truck... sucks you gotta get rid of it but if you don't you would probably end up like me and my truck, a new problem every week

Buffalo444

Reaction score

Normally you can buy them back for about 10% of the totaled price.

If it were me, I would buy the truck back, buy the new truck I wanted, take the parts off the old truck I want to put on the new one and do that, then either sell the old truck outright (should get a decent amount for it if you fix it up even though its been totaled) or part it out (what I would do, you could get a lot of $$$$$ if you're patient enough to part it)

F250stroker08

Reaction score
Im willing to deal on mine which is for sale also.

If you are serious and the distance is a concern, give me a shout. Arrangements can be made around that.

Tell insurance that Dashdaq is expensive and they need to cover it also.

I did see that you were selling your truck. Your truck is bad ass but unfortunately I'm looking fot something a bit milder.

The insurance agent said just show him a reciept and the dasgdaq should b covered

F250stroker08

Reaction score
Normally you can buy them back for about 10% of the totaled price.

If it were me, I would buy the truck back, buy the new truck I wanted, take the parts off the old truck I want to put on the new one and do that, then either sell the old truck outright (should get a decent amount for it if you fix it up even though its been totaled) or part it out (what I would do, you could get a lot of $$$$$ if you're patient enough to part it)

I thought about this. If i do buy it back I'm just goin to sell it to a buddy. hes alreaDy interested in it. As far as the parts go i alreafy got my exhaust n intake n tires off. Have to let the studs ic pipe n wastegate go.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Hope things work out for you!!! Just make shure you go FORD again!!!! :)

Just some pictures.... This could do damage IF it would touch down...
pickupstart009.jpg

Another one...
pickupstart020.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.