True twin turbo suggestions

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I guess the fake housings plus an edge sticker ought to make it run. LOL

Again, what about the 200/300 dual compounds? 200s get it going 300s take over.

The more stickers the better :naughty:

What about the idea of triples... but with one big atmo and two small hp (one for each cylinder).

Big atmo in the valley, two small hp chargers where the batteries go (put the batteries somewhere else hidden. That would look really unique!

kdogg85

Reaction score
Would I wind up with dead spots? Plus, would each secondary need dual gates once the primary lights off, I would think drive pressure would head to the moon quickly.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea you'd need to gate each secondary but you'd need to do that anyways (more than likely) if you ran twins.

kdogg85

Reaction score
They'd have to be small being only 4 cylinders trying to light them. Now Nates idea, I could use a more reasonable turbine.

I was asking about running 2 gates per secondary if I used 2 secondaries and a big primary. A 50mm is big, but how much would it take? That's really just something I'll have to find out.

kdogg85

Reaction score
So if I tried 2 s256 and a s595 or bigger, 1 gate per s256 will do it? I'm just speaking in assumption terms. And let's say the secondaries have .70 or smaller and the primary has a 1.45.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Gate the secondaries and use that to drive the primary.

Waste not, want not.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
A lot of the questions that you are asking comes down to which compound/turbo theory you subscribe to.

You only want to gate it enough to keep the ebp:boost pressure from getting out of control. The goal would be to keep the big atmo turbo running in the most efficient area possible while using the secondaries to compound the air... unless you are just using the twins to get the truck going and then switch to the big atmo turbo then it is totally different.

TyCorr

Reaction score
How would you plumb that KC? Especially since he planned to run the little guys on each manifold.

kdogg85

Reaction score
I would plumb the gate off of each head to the primary inlet and be done.

Or if I done a single secondary, dual primary system, I would split the gate flow to the primaries. Don't really see another way to do this one.

The other truck was gated in a way that held 1:1.2> boost/drive ratio as long as possible. Both engines made big power and ran great.

extreme3807

Reaction score
How well did the quad turbo truck spool? Good for a street truck?

To spool it, it was somewhere between factory 6.4 turbos and a single 75mm. It was not at all laggy. I could go 80 mph, floor it and turn the truck sideway almost instantly. Those turbo sizes were very conservative and more than anything an experiment. Could have went bigger and hardly suffer spool up, but I enjoy it as a DD and put about 12,000 miles on that setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09stroker

Reaction score
To spool it, it was somewhere between factory 6.4 turbos and a single 75mm. It was not at all laggy. I could go 80 mph, floor it and turn the truck sideway almost instantly. Those turbo sizes were very conservative and more than anything an experiment. Could have went bigger and hardly suffer spool up, but I enjoy it as a DD and put about 12,000 miles on that setup

Awesome, thanks for the details

Mdub707

Reaction score

Are you still using the same setup? Wasn't the truck for sale for a while too? Do you even still have it? It was a pretty amazing looking setup.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its sitting back here at the shop actually. Owner bought the truck at auction and owns a shop in NJ.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
How would you plumb that KC? Especially since he planned to run the little guys on each manifold.

Wow... there are a lot of ways to do it. I was more referring to the sizing of turbos and how they run in a compound setup, not necessarily how they get plumbed. A lot will come down to how and what he is planning on doing. Twins vs compounds vs triples vs twins with compounds, etc...

Either way it goes, this sounds like it is going to be an awesome project :toast:

kdogg85

Reaction score
Care to share the charger sizes and injector sizes, or if you done a thread, post the link?

Latest posts

Members online