Trying to quite it down a little

dmd

Reaction score
I must be getting old (well I am old) and I would like to get the 'ol 7.3
a little more quite. I have the intake better and now for the exhaust. I
currently have a Diamond Eye 4-inch with their muffler. With the 38r and
the high flow exhaust housing the noise level pulling the TT is too much.

I have looked around and only find the Flowmaster Pro Series that
looks like it would be a solution. All the others are pretty much what I have
now, basically a glass pack.

Anyone have any other input on this?

I know there is the 6.7L upgrade kit, but at 60K the 7.3 is going to have
to do until the lottery comes in.

Reaction score
Ive got the FTE resonator, absolutely got rid of all drone or exhaust tone, but it sounds more like maybe you are trying to get rid of turbo noise, and other than intake (fordAIS) not sure what to tell ya

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
The flowmaster sounds great on the 7.3 the downside is turbos don't like baffled mufflers. I would add a resonator or change out the muffler may try like a walker BTM and get rid of the diamond eye setup. I plan to quiet my exhaust as well love the sound of a 4" open pipe but sometimes I would like to tone it down a bit. Also wanted to add I have seen the cutaway of the hush power flow master mufflers and they as well look too restrictive to me. Have not heard one in person but the banks system does appear to be quieter than the mbrp or diamond eye.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
As of now I just ordered the Banks Monster 4" muffler hopefully it will tone it down a bit.

Jason

Reaction score
Without putting a resonator in, the Banks monster exhaust is the quietest I have heard. I drove Matt Robinson's '01 ccsb truck with 238's and a 38r, and he had the monster exhaust at the time, and it was way quiet. It still had a little noise to it under load, but it was the quietest inside 7.3 truck I have been in.

dmd

Reaction score
Ive got the FTE resonator, absolutely got rid of all drone or exhaust tone, but it sounds more like maybe you are trying to get rid of turbo noise, and other than intake (fordAIS) not sure what to tell ya

Turbo noise is where I want it now, cant hear the turbo most of the
time over the exhaust.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I think the best I have seen for eliminating drone and unwanted in-cab noise would be the Corsa muffler. We carry it and have sold quite a few of them. No complaints and everyone compliments on how good it works. You can check it out HERE.

SeeYa

Reaction score
Last edited:

SeeYa

Reaction score
After hearing that, my Ex may need one... sometimes it'd be nice to be able to include someone in the third row in a conversation without having to yell lol.

Thanks! That was recorded with the 60hp daily. I know what you mean. We had a 2002 F150 Harley truck Jody did a Bassani exhaust on. The drone was still my head for days after driving it.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
You might want to look into the Walker HD Commercial Mega-Flow mufflers for "quiet". They are manageable diameters of 9" or 10" round but rather long 44" cases. The large case volume will drop the interior sound levels massively, and get rid of drone and turbo noise. This is the muffler I'm looking at for my truck:

http://catalog.walkerheavyduty.com/...=walkermuffler_hd&locale=EN&loadStatus=ACTIVE

Takes the 4" coming off the down pipe and a bit of flex, and let's me run a short radius 5" plain elbow up into the T-pipe of my stacks.

This and sound deadening the cab should make my old beast quieter inside than any of the new trucks. After. 757 miles in the truck yesterday, I'm going to do something about the noise levels.

Sent by my right thumb!

dmd

Reaction score

Do you have a recording closer to the exhaust? What did you use
before this muffler?

How close is it to stock sound? I know it will be a louder
but I am looking to get the sound lower and the drone gone. That muffler
looks nice as it is the same size as mine and can probably just be swapped
in. I currently have the Diamond Eye muffler that came with it.

I called the mfg hoping they had the touring muffler for the diesel but
they dont. They say they dont even have any regular ones in stock and would take two to three weeks to make one.

Reaction score

Again, check out the fte on YouTube, it did a lot for my truck

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
run 2 or three straight through mufflers in series that come in the 4" kits.. I have been in one diesel that had 2 mufflers and it was stupid quiet...

btw, I have a brand new never used outside the box 4" diamond eye muffler, sitting collecting dust at home... if anyone needs it...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online