Tuning the 7.3 in current times

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Just received jeli tunes on a hydra.
He had them very close for my setup right off.
Made a few revisions to the tunes more suited to my driving style.
He pulled some fuel and made it less touchy off idle.
I just wanted more friendly drivability on the small tunes.
Left the drag ripper tune alone though.
I have yet to finish my truck and have little time to play with the tunes, but it’s an absolute animal.
Tune adjustments were retuned within two days of my request for adjustment.
And I also like being able to talk directly to the individual tweaking my tunes.
I could not believe how smooth the truck idles with his tunes.
It took GH 5 or so revisions, back in ‘16, to get the tunes close to my liking, even before I had carillos and the cam.
I am very happy I went with Brian and he will continue to have my business.

‘96 7.3- Precision Turbo 76mm, Carrillos, Colt stg2, BAMF

‘16 CCLB 350 6.7- Tyrant 230, Low-temp therm, Bilstein 5100s

'22 CCLB 350 Platinum- Star white, Snow stg 3, Lo-temp therm, fox 2.0s/dual stabilizer, air bags, S&B, 22s/37s

INFRNL

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't drive enough to get revisions. there are also different times where I like things setup differently.
I've also found that i like certain tunes from different tuners, none of them seem to get them all right IMO.

I'm gad you are happy with your Jelibuilt tunes.

I raced a newer dodge that had a tuner on it or something...Used my Cummins Killer tune and showed him whos boss 🤣

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score

Love em. I run in a race tune, small issue with getting into 4th it doesn't unless at 60 mph but no big deal.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sounds good! Is the issue getting into fourth only on the race tune? Sounds like it starts good! Is that with 15w40 oil?
1 other hot tune does it. I mentioned to tony I had an issue always with this truck 38-42 it will just constantly ****ing shift in/out of OD. So that helped that issue.

That's Mobil 1 TDT 5W40. I won't run anything else.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Alright, sounds good
1 other hot tune does it. I mentioned to tony I had an issue always with this truck 38-42 it will just constantly ****ing shift in/out of OD. So that helped that issue.

Sounds good! Tony was always known for good tunes.

I've always used Rotella 5w40 for cold weather. Is the Mobil 1 TDT a better oil?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I can't say.

Ive ran amsoil in my truck. It ran horrid. To the point I thought I had a cracked pick up tube the oil was so frothy and aireted.

Then I found 5w40 M1.

I've lab tested it a dozen times and it's cleared for 12k miles. So that's what I'm sticking to

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Thats one of the best over the counter oils you can get. That and valvoline 5w40 are super close. They hold up well. I tell everyone that doesn't want mail order oil to go with one of those.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
For the millionth time, shell anything is shit. Doesn't last more than 1500 miles in a heui. Either weight oils. I wouldnt dare run either over 100hrs.. . 20yrs ago. Top dog... for otc...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't say.

Ive ran amsoil in my truck. It ran horrid. To the point I thought I had a cracked pick up tube the oil was so frothy and aireted.

Then I found 5w40 M1.

I've lab tested it a dozen times and it's cleared for 12k miles. So that's what I'm sticking to

If it shows that good, it must be good. I will not run Schaeffer's in HEUI it sheers way to fast. It turns really thin fast even in a non heui diesel.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I bounce between rotella 5w40 and valvoline 5w40 in my Camaro(LS1). it gets tested yearly and oil holds up fantastic.. Can't say for a huei though.

It used to get M1 but I got lazy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I bounce between rotella 5w40 and valvoline 5w40 in my Camaro(LS1). it gets tested yearly and oil holds up fantastic.. Can't say for a huei though.

It used to get M1 but I got lazy.
Back in the day, everyone ran 15w40 rotella in drag car race motors. The zinc was so high. But it shit out quick in high rpm applications so they changed it after every weeknd. Or 6 passes. Whatever came first. Used to be a big fan of rotella.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've got over 330k miles on one engine with Rotella. 198k of it was with 15w40, the rest is 5w40.

What oil do you suggest in a HEUI?
How many years did it take you to get to 330k? I never went over 2500miles with rotella anything. After 1500 miles, starting characteristics went to shit and i was over it by 2500...

Chevron delo 15w40 is what holds up the best for otc oils. It actually has an additive that keeps it from shearing.. or did have. Its been a minute since i did sampling on heui stuff.

Otc oils in this order for synthetic
Mobil 1 - 5w40
Valvoline - 5w40

Otc oil in this order for conventional
Chevron delo 15w40.

Mail order 5w40 synthetic

Driven Dp40
Lubrication engineers 8854

Mail order 15w40 semi synthetic

Driven DR40
Lubrication engineers 8700

Amsoil isnt all its cracked up to be. Definitely not wort a bent dick in a heui.. same as rotella.

Full disclosure. I stopped working for jim in march. I no longer try to sell oil.. this is all from my work and studdies while working for him or my experience over the last 20yrs.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I can't say.

Then I found 5w40 M1.

Airation is horrid with amsoil

Members online

No members online now.