Update on my rig

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's amazing how well turbo set ups work with a very large turbine on the low pressure. Pretty much put 150 hp on JD with almost the same compressor sides. Been saying this forever lol. Happy for you Erik that's awesome. Headed down in a bit to go check it out. When you coming to get it?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is doing a remote mounted atmo better or worse or no differant than putting it on top? I'm just curious as I have no clue.

Another advantage not mentioned is you can run a larger turbo mostly on the exhaust side because your not worried about hitting the intake manifold with the exhaust housing. This allows for a little laggier low pressure but in my opinion this is better all around for all applications towing and performance.

jdgleason

Reaction score
It's amazing how well turbo set ups work with a very large turbine on the low pressure. Pretty much put 150 hp on JD with almost the same compressor sides. Been saying this forever lol. Happy for you Erik that's awesome. Headed down in a bit to go check it out. When you coming to get it?

.... Except my turbine and Mal's are withing 1mm of each other and Mal's truck made the same power with less fuel. Same with Shone's...

My truck has an issue lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
.... Except my turbine and Mal's are withing 1mm of each other and Mal's truck made the same power with less fuel. Same with Shone's...

My truck has an issue lol

But you have more mass air flow from a larger atmo but less turbine. And high back pressure to go with it. Back pressure is like having an exhaust brake on

jdgleason

Reaction score
But you have more mass air flow from a larger atmo but less turbine. And high back pressure to go with it. Back pressure is like having an exhaust brake on

I agree... my back pressure is 1 psi higher than Erik's is with same same boost out of the atmosphere though.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Turbine restriction my friend

Wouldn't turbine restriction show in back pressure numbers though? The pressure is a measure of restriction just like boost is, right?

I'm with you 100% that my 88 won't flow the same volume as Clausen's (on the exhaust side) which has its advantages, but I don't believe that's why my truck is 200 horse shy of where I anticipated it being.

Plus, the turbos on my truck have made 4 digits on fuel on a dynojet...

Latest posts

Members online