VGT off?

Jason

Reaction score
Man I know I don't have a 6.4 at all, but I love vgt noises through the exhaust. My old 379 pete had a 565 isx cummins through 7" straights with no resonator, and it sounded sick. Had the whooshy sound til a certain point, then to a mild rumble, then it'd kick open and sound like all hell was breaking loose. When fueling, it sounded pretty cool under the fuel island awning too..all deep and burbly, and then as the vanes closed I guess it sounded like a jet. Apples to oranges I know, but I for one like all the varying sounds and tones.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
those ISX's scream through straights!

the 6.4 turbos are pretty quiet as turbos go... this little open VNT trick is the only way to get any sort of whistle out of them, and it's only when you come off the throttle as the small turbo spools down. Still a fun little parlor trick to set your truck apart from other stock turbo trucks.

travisH3

Reaction score
yeah. Im gonna buy the mcc unlock tomorrow and hopefully i can figure it out and get it done by truck night on wednesday so when i roll up everyone will ask about it hahahaha. waiting on h&s single kit to be ready and if the price is right im ordering!

Stroked777

Reaction score
The sound when you let off the throttle is the best. Probably my favorite part of writing this tune. I did some work on the truck over the weekend and just to make sure everything was alright I just threw on the first piece of the two piece down pipe to go for a quick drive, the whistle after you let off the throttle sounded amazing and the rumble at idle sounds so good LOL wish I could run I that way all the time

travisH3

Reaction score
this thing sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! I used to be one of the only tuned 6.4's around here and now their are quite a few. this should set my truck apart from the rest hahaha. thanks fellas for all the help. just took it for a quick drive up the street and its dark so im not sure on the smoke. I will see what its like tomorrow and report back. just when my mileage starting going up from driving nicely now im gonna constantly be getting on and off the throttle just to hear this thing lol

I wonder if gearhead will sell his trans file. I loved his tunes on my 6.0

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Matt will sell whatever file you want, but his trans files are written and scaled to his engine files. a match made in heaven! LOL I highly recommend just buying the whole tune set

He will add the open VGT tables to his files if you request it

travisH3

Reaction score
Matt will sell whatever file you want, but his trans files are written and scaled to his engine files. a match made in heaven! LOL I highly recommend just buying the whole tune set

He will add the open VGT tables to his files if you request it

really, ive emailed twice trying to get his tunes and asked about the vgt thing and never heard back. I thought he was thinking i was wanting to make a smoke tune or something so he didnt reply. Idk maybe I will have to try to find another way to get with him. Absolutely loved his 6.0 tuning

sootie

Reaction score
really, ive emailed twice trying to get his tunes and asked about the vgt thing and never heard back. I thought he was thinking i was wanting to make a smoke tune or something so he didnt reply. Idk maybe I will have to try to find another way to get with him. Absolutely loved his 6.0 tuning

he is insanely busy...give larz a call and he will get you squared away.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Will do.

I've been looking at how I drive. I do flirt with the 1k rpm range a lot... I don't want the actuator going back and forth constantly or is that not too big of a deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not a big deal at all

johnp115

Reaction score
It worked, just started it up and I love the way it sounds. Couldn't make the changes to my Gearhead tunes and I don't wanna run this tune so I'm gonna switch it back.

What tune is the H&S base mcc file based off of?

And I'm gonna see if Matt can make the changes to my tune. Think he will?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
Is mm ya based off whatever file you want it to be. I based my if lbf 5 of hd300. But in gunna change the low boost fueling on my tune