VGT off?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't mess with the engv1mcc (which is my Gearhead tunes) but I played with f64eng. Idk If that's based off of hd300 or what

Matt protects his files, as can you if you write tunes for people and don't want them to see your file, then people will just rip it off.

If you wanna get a new tune to the card all you have to do it the install download procedure and whn it get to the area where is says down load h&s tuning, hit that and then pick the engine and trans file you want and it will load it to the card

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Sounds good. I have a tune from Matt I have yet to load. Truck any laggier down low that you have noticed?

no difference IMO

it takes so little to get over 1000rpm on a stock converter, and you instantly go to 95% duty on that tiny little turbo. watch your tach when you're pulling away from a dead stop, even at an easy pace. you'll see that you don't really spend any time at all below 1000

Stroked777

Reaction score
I had Matt write me a tune that rumbles at idle (best part is when you let off lol) and I run it on the tune I been messing with and never really noticed a difference. Just like drink of diesel said, there is very little time that is spent below 1000 rpm that it's just a audio mod and has not other effect at all.

Stroked777

Reaction score
has anyone really gotten in and messed with the back pressure tables or vane control tables? i see on the wane control taBLES THAT AT THE HIGH END OF THE SPECTRUM THEY HAVE THE VANES SET AT 7% ( whoops caps) would there be any gain out of opening them more at that point seeing how how the hp turbo is beyond it range as far as needing to be driven at that point

3brorce

Reaction score
Loaded mine a couple days ago and yup, it sounds nasty lol. Especially when you let off and rpm goes below 1k and the vgt cuts off. Rumbles at an idle now as well. May be a touch smokier coming off the bottom which is understandable.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
has anyone really gotten in and messed with the back pressure tables or vane control tables? i see on the wane control taBLES THAT AT THE HIGH END OF THE SPECTRUM THEY HAVE THE VANES SET AT 7% ( whoops caps) would there be any gain out of opening them more at that point seeing how how the hp turbo is beyond it range as far as needing to be driven at that point

I would open them beyond 7% at full tilt

B585Ford

Reaction score

I messed with these tables a lot when trying to control EBP. What I found is that EBP is mainly what the computer tries to follow. Vane adjustments (based on the tables) don't do anything by themselves. Your question can't be answered with a high degree of accuracy unless you know the EBP and boost at a certain RPM and throttle position. For example, assuming stock fuel and stock turbos, at WOT, in the higher RPMs, your EBP is going to be high even if you completely open the vanes on the HP turbo because of limitations in flow so it won't matter what you set the vanes at cause the computer is going to open them to the max once actual EBP is higher than desired. If you go to a single, that is when those adjustments might make a difference.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I messed with these tables a lot when trying to control EBP. What I found is that EBP is mainly what the computer tries to follow. Vane adjustments (based on the tables) don't do anything by themselves. Your question can't be answered with a high degree of accuracy unless you know the EBP and boost at a certain RPM and throttle position. For example, assuming stock fuel and stock turbos, at WOT, in the higher RPMs, your EBP is going to be high even if you completely open the vanes on the HP turbo because of limitations in flow so it won't matter what you set the vanes at cause the computer is going to open them to the max once actual EBP is higher than desired. If you go to a single, that is when those adjustments might make a difference.

With a single, how would it control bp? Would the computer actually control fueling to do so seeing there is no vgt to get the desired ebp

B585Ford

Reaction score
With a single, how would it control bp? Would the computer actually control fueling to do so seeing there is no vgt to get the desired ebp

No, from my experience the computer follows the fueling tables first, then EBP, then vanes. My EBPs were getting too high at WOT in high RPMs. With Dustin's help, I tried altering the EBP and Vane tables and this was still a problem. When I finally cut the PW, I could control EBP.

Excessive EBP isn't usually a problem for a single. I was referring more to altering the tables to aid with spool up.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
would love to hear the theory on how a lope tune is any harder on the engine than bouncing your foot on the pedal since that's essentially what's happening...

rail pressure isn't spiking through the moon or anything, you'll just tricking the computer to hunt for ideal load and it just sits there and bumps the throttle over and over... not going to hurt anything, just queer as a football bat

I will agree here and leave it at that.

Cylinder washing... doubtful. If anything it raises exhaust temp a bit and seats the keystone rings.

Hurting the injectors. There electronic... what's to hurt. If anything holding and popping one at 4500 rpm would be much harder on the electrical side of things.

Loping. Doesn't hardly take anymore fuel. Cylinder pressure is extremely low. Pistons don't give a rip.

Really it reminds me of little kids riding on the school bus bopping up and down seated in the rear after the axle! Lol

Lope away... dumb. But soot yourself! Lol again...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Tried turning the VGT on and off with AE I absolutely love the rumble at idle. I will take that over the sound of the "JET" like sound from the VGT at idle any day.

3brorce

Reaction score
My truck not even sounds more like a diesel it even smells more like one as well now with vgt off. lol.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I un-did the vgt off at idle. Set both want control tables to 97% instead of 95 from idle to about 1200 Rpms. More turbo noise and little quicker off the line spool. I wonder what it do if I set it to 99%

Also doing so did away with the little puff of smoke I got on take off which annoyed me

johnp115

Reaction score
I un-did the vgt off at idle. Set both want control tables to 97% instead of 95 from idle to about 1200 Rpms. More turbo noise and little quicker off the line spool. I wonder what it do if I set it to 99%

Also doing so did away with the little puff of smoke I got on take off which annoyed me

Well then wait till you get a single!

Stroked777

Reaction score
When I get a single I'm gunna make a street tune. Have it make zero smoke, then make a race file and have Gearhead make a file as well and work with him to tweak it for no smoke

Members online

No members online now.