Wastegate Setup Tial WG ??

Taylor D

Reaction score
Okay I have looked through several wastegate threads and still am unsure on how to setup this gate. I have it mounted just unsure on what spring to install to get to the 60 psi I hear many say to set it at. Just need to know what combo of springs will get me there as it came with several.

This is the Tial setup from Rudy's Diesel that's dump in the downpipe.

Also what's the easiest place to hook up for boost reference for the regulator??

And where is everyone hooking up for the water cooled hook ups

2good2Btru

Reaction score
I beleive you need to use a combination of about 3 or 4 springs to get around 21psi. Think theres a sheet with the kit that says what spring combo will get you what psi. Use the strongest combo. I got the boost from the hot side pipe but I have a no limit that comes with a bung.

Note 3

Taylor D

Reaction score
I beleive you need to use a combination of about 3 or 4 springs to get around 21psi. Think theres a sheet with the kit that says what spring combo will get you what psi. Use the strongest combo. I got the boost from the hot side pipe but I have a no limit that comes with a bung.

Note 3

Okay I also have the No Limit setup. It came with a picture for setup but nothing on the spring rates. Thanks

NathannialD

Reaction score
imo the springs dont matter, thats why you get a regulator in the kit. regulate the top side and run full boost to the side/bottom port.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Spring chart on tials site or Google their spring chart. I used 4 of them. Plug bottom(side) port and put regulated boost to the top. Close the regulator all the way and slowly open till you get the bp you want.

Taylor D

Reaction score
Spring chart on tials site or Google their spring chart. I used 4 of them. Plug bottom(side) port and put regulated boost to the top. Close the regulator all the way and slowly open till you get the bp you want.

Okay any idea on how many turns out to start the regulator? Also how did you run the coolant lines

Pan4905

Reaction score
imo the springs dont matter, thats why you get a regulator in the kit. regulate the top side and run full boost to the side/bottom port.

What are the advantages to connecting it this way? I have mine plumbed with regulated boost to the side and vent to atmosphere on top. I've only had the truck back for a few days but it seems to work well this way now that I've got it dialed in pretty close.

Taylor D

Reaction score
Okay guys truck is running great but can't get over 23 pounds of boost and tried the regulator all the way tight all the way loss and everywhere in between with minimal different have 4 springs in it that total 21.75 psi is the regulator no good

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
Okay guys truck is running great but can't get over 23 pounds of boost and tried the regulator all the way tight all the way loss and everywhere in between with minimal different have 4 springs in it that total 21.75 psi is the regulator no good

I would leave it alone. 21 psi of boost is plenty...and your turbos will last 4ever.

Actually, I am interested to see why yours is doing that. I should have my truck back on the road next week and I planned to do WG setup same as you. Interested to see what is going wrong. Seems like the regulator must be bad but I definitely ain't no expert.

Taylor D

Reaction score
I would leave it alone. 21 psi of boost is plenty...and your turbos will last 4ever.

Actually, I am interested to see why yours is doing that. I should have my truck back on the road next week and I planned to do WG setup same as you. Interested to see what is going wrong. Seems like the regulator must be bad but I definitely ain't no expert.

Lol yeah ready to see what it will really do

webb06

Reaction score
Lol yeah ready to see what it will really do

Unhook the line off the regulator going to the gate. You should be able to tell if the regulator is working with just the truck running and go from open to closed with the dial

Taylor D

Reaction score
Unhook the line off the regulator going to the gate. You should be able to tell if the regulator is working with just the truck running and go from open to closed with the dial

Okay I'll try that tomorrow if I can feel the air making it through what else could be the problem.

webb06

Reaction score
Okay I'll try that tomorrow if I can feel the air making it through what else could be the problem.

It sounds to me like the gate is just blowing completely open. Is the truck laggy?

Taylor D

Reaction score
Ya I'm sure the gate is just blowing completely open. How do you have boost going to the gate?

Regulated boost to the top and full boost to the side via the hot no limit ic pipe fitting with a t to run to regulator and other full boost to the side

webb06

Reaction score
That's how mine is set up as well. Mine took roughly 3.5-4 clockwise turns to get it really close.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.