What Do You Tow?

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
How hard is DOT on everyone up there? I heard NC was way worse then SC

Only on truckers yes they are pretty tough, but when it comes to us (light duty diesels) I honestly haven't been messed with (knock on wood). Also when I can carrying that kind of weight I try not to run through the middle of weigh stations, I try to take back roads.

Last edited:

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
How hard is DOT on everyone up there? I heard NC was way worse then SC

Only on truckers yes they are pretty tough, but when it comes to us (light duty diesels) I honestly haven't been messed with (knock on wood). Also when I can carrying that kind of weight I try not to run through the middle of weigh stations, I try to take back roads.
I live in polk county. It's in NC on the line of SC. The SC side (Spartanburg county) is not to bad unless you're doing something stupid. Lol. But where I live (polk Co) is getting pretty rough. The county next door is Rutherfordton and it's bad over there. Especially on hwy 221 that goes to Marion. There's a few dot officers that travel that road constantly and they will pull and check your weight, fuel, inspection, and everything. A while back my boss and I were parked on the side of the road (221) at a little sandwich shop eating lunch. We were in his 02 f250 and a officer pulled in and checked his tank for off road fuel and checked the tank in the bed for lines running to the engine.

Coopers_Dad

Reaction score
Since it the reason I upgraded to a F350 here is a picture of my trailer on our last trip to Lake Chapman State Park in PA. It pulls like a dream although I thing it would actually ride better with more weight in the back. The trailer is a 29ft bunkhouse model from Sunset Trail, it's a great trailer everything we need for our camping adventures. On our local CAT scale it came in at 6291 loaded so it's a lightweight for this truck.

KUu8MczU8m8NMsn2AC4qlJd5FjuPj_BhDhWE=w1296-h473-no.jpg

2014-07-27%2B11.57.31.jpg

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I live in polk county. It's in NC on the line of SC. The SC side (Spartanburg county) is not to bad unless you're doing something stupid. Lol. But where I live (polk Co) is getting pretty rough. The county next door is Rutherfordton and it's bad over there. Especially on hwy 221 that goes to Marion. There's a few dot officers that travel that road constantly and they will pull and check your weight, fuel, inspection, and everything. A while back my boss and I were parked on the side of the road (221) at a little sandwich shop eating lunch. We were in his 02 f250 and a officer pulled in and checked his tank for off road fuel and checked the tank in the bed for lines running to the engine.

Dang that is nuts

86ford69

Reaction score
e4ezahuq.jpg

Not a heavy load. About 6k. 650 mile ride in the back roads was nice. I like driving thru Kentucky and west va and va.

duddy

Reaction score
Thats about right for a **** agitator. Built heavy enough that some higher horse tractors dont move them around when spun up. Plus farmer design, build it heavy then i shouldnt have to fix it ever again.

86ford69

Reaction score
The two sections are 4x8 box tube at 40 ft each. Plus the semi axle. Done know exact wight just ball parking in. Lol

B585Ford

Reaction score

Corb ran into trouble towing his 250 with his 450 in NC. Personally, I never ran into any issues when hot shotting in NC, but I had everything legit and drove through the weigh station just like everyone else.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Finally brought this home. family members have been borrowing it here and there for the summer.. oh, got the axles flipped too.. sits dam near perfect now..
epa4ujyp.jpg

live life full throttle