What have you done to your powerstroke today?

RSK

Reaction score
zybemehu.jpg

Delete the egr they said, it will be fun they said
nyderyzu.jpg

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

da fuq?!? how many miles did it take for that to build up?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Ahh very nice. Tapatalk doesn't show sigs so I didn't know. How long did it take to lift the cab?

About 3 hours. Would have had it in 2 but the train horns, light bar and and 4 cab bolts gave me a hard time. Broke one of my horns some I'm try pretty pissed about that.

Note for people pulling can. Heat bolts, break loose with ratchet, reheat and use impact. Also don't for get about ps tank. And get ready to take a bath in coolant. I got a mouth full lol.

da fuq?!? how many miles did it take for that to build up?

About 30k

RSK

Reaction score
About 3 hours. Would have had it in 2 but the train horns, light bar and and 4 cab bolts gave me a hard time. Broke one of my horns some I'm try pretty pissed about that.

Note for people pulling can. Heat bolts, break loose with ratchet, reheat and use impact. Also don't for get about ps tank. And get ready to take a bath in coolant. I got a mouth full lol.

About 30k

excuse my ignorance, but is that an egr pipe? I wonder how mine looks at 105k...:badidea:

Cknox121

Reaction score
excuse my ignorance, but is that an egr pipe? I wonder how mine looks at 105k...:badidea:

Yeah that's what it is. It's the cross over piece that hooks to lower cooler. That's the block off plate behind it.

FYI I will NEVER do another mod with out pulling the cab. I had up pipes, down pipe, fuel cooler, vgt, and turbos broke loose in about 30 mins.

I'm 4hrs into something that would, take me 8-10 cab on.

Plus it costs about 150 bucks to pull the cab when you factor in the coolant, seals for power steering and pumping ac.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I'm gunna do a full write up when I get a chance. Not hard at all to pull.

RSK

Reaction score
Yeah that's what it is. It's the cross over piece that hooks to lower cooler. That's the block off plate behind it.

FYI I will NEVER do another mod with out pulling the cab. I had up pipes, down pipe, fuel cooler, vgt, and turbos broke loose in about 30 mins.

I'm 4hrs into something that would, take me 8-10 cab on.

Plus it costs about 150 bucks to pull the cab when you factor in the coolant, seals for power steering and pumping ac.

sweet!
that's why i'm having my mechanic, do up pipes, down pipe, full egr delete, turbo, 6.0 mani's ,ported intake, at a minimum, probably stud the heads, do new lifters, rocker arms, throw a cam in and do hd valve springs and push rods the first time the cab comes up, and i'm very tempted to order billet rods too. kinda only wanna pay to have the cab come up once ya know.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I haven't seen any data to back up 6.0 manis other then being stronger, but iirc most blow out at tho bellows. And I'm not after huge hp.

cam91

Reaction score
Dropped mine off for studs, EGR delete, pads rotors callipers all around, ball joints, levelling kit, power steering pump, south bend single mass, 3rd gear syncros, s&b intake, coolant filter, oil cooler, transfer case and diff flushes, and an oil change, I think that's it

Cknox121

Reaction score
Dropped mine off for studs, EGR delete, pads rotors callipers all around, ball joints, levelling kit, power steering pump, south bend single mass, 3rd gear syncros, s&b intake, coolant filter, oil cooler, transfer case and diff flushes, and an oil change, I think that's it

Ouch....hate to see that bill lol

dsberman94

Reaction score
Annnnd it's fixed. Finally. It's nice to hear the just good old injector clack and turbo whistle echo off the buildings in town again.

Last edited:

6speedsd

Reaction score
^ hated doing that, but it was by far better than cutting, splitting, and stacking wood.

But that'll make a man out of you. That's how I keep in shape over the winter mths. Cut, haul to the house, unload, bust, stack, reload, deliver, unload and stack again. The gym doesn't have chit on swinging a 10lb maul all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
But that'll make a man out of you. That's how I keep in shape over the winter mths. Cut, haul to the house, unload, bust, stack, reload, deliver, unload and stack again. The gym doesn't have chit on swinging a 10lb maul all day.

Used to do it with edges and sledges too. But now I don't do chit for heat.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Been there done that. Take a block of red oak that's about 4ft across. You'll sling your shoulder out of socket with a maul trying to bust it. Couple well placed wedges and a sledge...problem solved.

Latest posts

Members online