What's left to keep my EGT's down?

Jomax

Reaction score
I tow 10k all the time in my gearhed race tune. Just don't floor it from a stop till 80mph.. I go to CA a lot and sometimes tow and never had an issue..

Water would help a ton.

But I see you already got *******. So you're good.

Sweet cars btw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well with a stable like that I'd say you can afford compounds..

My truck doesn't break 1500 egt's at 950hp, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Haha we could have another build off this thread!

So I bought this truck back in 2014, right when 2015's hit the lot.

20140728_145110.jpg

I made a deal with the dealership, they bought my factory rims/tires back for 1500 and I paid $2500 for my aftermarket wheels and tires. I also wanted factory fender flares put on, so they sold me a set at "cost" and I went and had those painted and put them on.

(before the flares were on)
20140806_154624.jpg

I then added a Bakflip Tonneau Cover.

Called it done, never mod the truck anymore.

Buddy of mine said he would sell me 2" spacers at cost and install for free... Sooo that happened...
20150117_122706.jpg

20150117_161226.jpg

Well over a year went by...

4 weeks ago, a buddy of mine bought Flo Pro 5" exhaust and SCT tuner with GH tunes. Truck felt good, picked up some MPG...

I can't be a chump... I had an SCT x4 laying around, so three weeks ago I bought the 5" exhaust and GH tunes. Reminded me of my 6.0 days.

After they were installed, I really wanted a way monitor. So I bought a CTS2 off Amazon(should have ordered from No limit)....

Mounted on my window, hated it... Then noticed none of the factory EGT's worked anymore because of the d**ete. Disliked it even more.

Went looking for a mounting solution, saw the No Limit option, bought it off their website.

Next day I started looking around their website and saw the EGR plates...

Ordered EGT sensor for CTS2 off amazon.

PM'd Jeremy@NoLimit.. Then eventually called.

Ordered Intake, d**ete plates, H&S intercooler pipe upgrade.

Started looking at website more, saw the No Limit intercooler, called Jeremy back and ordered that.

The mount and EGT sensor came in... ran the wires and mounted those while waiting on the other parts. What a sweet setup.
20160812_093541.jpg

Last Friday the intake, plates, and intercooler pipe upgrade came in.
Installed the plates, intake, and egt sensor. Waited on the intercooler pipe upgrade because the intercooler itself wasn't in yet.

20160813_125819.jpg

20160813_125806.jpg

More turbo noises, truck runs good...

Started this thread.

saw this...

bigrpowr said:
i always tell people if you think you are gonna regret not having sotf just onve , you probably will , especially if you tow often .

Called Jeremy this past Monday and ordered the Ngauge with SOTF right after my No Limit intercooler came in the mail.

So now I'm waiting for friday morning. Ill install my SOTF setup, intercooler and intercooler pipe upgrade.

Now I'm reading trying to figure out if traction bars are worth it or not...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So I bought this truck back in 2014, right when 2015's hit the lot.

20140728_145110.jpg

I made a deal with the dealership, they bought my factory rims/tires back for 1500 and I paid $2500 for my aftermarket wheels and tires. I also wanted factory fender flares put on, so they sold me a set at "cost" and I went and had those painted and put them on.

(before the flares were on)
20140806_154624.jpg

I then added a Bakflip Tonneau Cover.

Called it done, never mod the truck anymore.

Buddy of mine said he would sell me 2" spacers at cost and install for free... Sooo that happened...
20150117_122706.jpg

20150117_161226.jpg

Well over a year went by...

4 weeks ago, a buddy of mine bought Flo Pro 5" exhaust and SCT tuner with GH tunes. Truck felt good, picked up some MPG...

I can't be a chump... I had an SCT x4 laying around, so three weeks ago I bought the 5" exhaust and GH tunes. Reminded me of my 6.0 days.

After they were installed, I really wanted a way monitor. So I bought a CTS2 off Amazon(should have ordered from No limit)....

Mounted on my window, hated it... Then noticed none of the factory EGT's worked anymore because of the d**ete. Disliked it even more.

Went looking for a mounting solution, saw the No Limit option, bought it off their website.

Next day I started looking around their website and saw the EGR plates...

Ordered EGT sensor for CTS2 off amazon.

PM'd Jeremy@NoLimit.. Then eventually called.

Ordered Intake, d**ete plates, H&S intercooler pipe upgrade.

Started looking at website more, saw the No Limit intercooler, called Jeremy back and ordered that.

The mount and EGT sensor came in... ran the wires and mounted those while waiting on the other parts. What a sweet setup.
20160812_093541.jpg

Last Friday the intake, plates, and intercooler pipe upgrade came in.
Installed the plates, intake, and egt sensor. Waited on the intercooler pipe upgrade because the intercooler itself wasn't in yet.

20160813_125819.jpg

20160813_125806.jpg

More turbo noises, truck runs good...

Started this thread.

saw this...

Called Jeremy this past Monday and ordered the Ngauge with SOTF right after my No Limit intercooler came in the mail.

So now I'm waiting for friday morning. Ill install my SOTF setup, intercooler and intercooler pipe upgrade.

Traction bars are a must. Absolute game changer . We will hook you up.

dsmracing1

Reaction score

Truck looks awesome! The only thing I can say about traction bars is damn I should have done them sooner like Mike said. I noticed about a 1-1.5 inch amount of play of the slip yoke going in and out of the transfer case from axle wrap under full throttle shifting. Since doing that, the drive shaft doesn't move at all and my shifting is much much smoother and feels better. I truly don't know why these trucks don't come with them factory, especially with being over 900 foot pounds of torque stock now in 2017...

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
This thread is costing me a lot of money...

links to traction bar options?

Last edited:

Profuzz

Reaction score
I've got a pile of boxes full of OUO bars waiting on install !
63e794a889eb7f6f8c301f78bfe7ff87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online