Where's all the RCLB 6.4's at? Post them up!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Let me get up in here!
20151213_104540.jpg

So sexy :D did you happen to weight the wheels/tires? That must have shaved some serious weight along with that small brake kit

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Well this pic still has the 17x7s front and 18x11s rear. So it all clears stock brakes. I am waiting on the 16s to replace rears then I will reinstall smaller brake kit. But the answer on weight is I havnt weighed them on a scale. But I do know I could barely lift one of the factorys with one hand. But now I can pick up any of the bogarts mounted with one hand over my head. And they are the safer 2 peice street strip series for added strength. Man Im sure they cut off some serious et. Truck pulls so hard for tune, intake, exhaust.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
That's awesome. Like you said, factory wheels/tires weigh a ton so this set up with the small brakes is going to rip for sure. For mods you have just the intake, exhaust and tune? You may have mentioned it and I missed it. Gonna hurt some peoples feelings for sure when they realize it's not some giant HP built motor lol

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Well. I wanted another option for 2wd guys because I know they don't generally hook off the line like a 4x4. But in the process of all this. I have worked with Rich at Bogart Racing Wheels. Which has helped us to get the program successfully done for 16-18" 8 lug wheels that will safely hold the weight of the truck. John at M&H tires. Which currently supply the industry with the 33x13.50-16 nostalgia slick that works well on these trucks. Also found a street strip in that same size that is currently discontinued but would like to see made again. I have a couple sets from the last batch made. In the 17" M&H offers a 390-40-17 drag radial that is 29.5 tall. And now Hoosier has released the 325-45-18 drag radial 2 which is what I have but still 30.5" tall. Me and Dallas at H&S MOTORSPORTS have been in contact through this whole deal. Using both ours heads on this. And finally came up with a brake solution that would simplify running smaller diameter rear wheels to accommodate 33" tall tires. Bogarts work nicely for 2wd and 4wd as we have confirmed the 17" setup or 18x11 which is what I have on rear will clear on a 4x4 truck as well front and rear with no modifications and wheel is not hanging outside of truck. Great setup for 4x4 guys. the 325-45-18 tire is the tallest drag radial made at 30.5"

Last edited:

08twinturbo

Reaction score
That's awesome. Like you said, factory wheels/tires weigh a ton so this set up with the small brakes is going to rip for sure. For mods you have just the intake, exhaust and tune? You may have mentioned it and I missed it. Gonna hurt some peoples feelings for sure when they realize it's not some giant HP built motor lol

I havnt run it at a track yet but have played in the street with some g-tech stuff. I actually used it at track on previous vehicles to verify and surprisingly its very close in et. And it consistently pops 12.20s on that with minimal tire spin with no boost. 2nd gear on is insane. It has H&S 300 tune. With mcc trans tuning. Cold air kit. 5" exhaust turbo back system. I'm sure it it would ever hook with a boosted launch it would be a high 11 second truck. Just because of the weight. Also should add I did a trutrac to accommodate factory 3.73s and it is awesome in the posi dept.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Well. I wanted another option for 2wd guys because I know they don't generally hook off the line like a 4x4. But in the process of all this. I have worked with Rich at Bogart Racing Wheels. Which has helped us to get the program successfully done for 16-18" 8 lug wheels that will safely hold the weight of the truck. John at M&H tires. Which currently supply the industry with the 33x13.50-16 nostalgia slick that works well on these trucks. Also found a street strip in that same size that is currently discontinued but would like to see made again. I have a couple sets from the last batch made. In the 17" M&H offers a 390-40-17 drag radial that is 29.5 tall. And now Hoosier has released the 325-45-18 drag radial 2 which is what I have but still 30.5" tall. Me and Dallas at H&S MOTORSPORTS have been in contact through this whole deal. Using both ours heads on this. And finally came up with a brake solution that would simplify running smaller diameter rear wheels to accommodate 33" tall tires. Bogarts work nicely for 2wd and 4wd as we have confirmed the 17" setup or 18x11 which is what I have on rear will clear on a 4x4 truck as well front and rear with no modifications and wheel is not hanging outside of truck. Great setup for 4x4 guys. the 325-45-18 tire is the tallest drag radial made at 30.5"

You said you have a "lightweight" 18x11 wheel that clears the 4x4s and brakes, and doesnt stick out obnoxiously??!

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Man, if they would make a 20x9 for the front, and a 20x11 for the rear that you could daily drive on...run some 420s's on, and be able to sleep at night knowing that the wheels can handle being daily driven on, maybe pulling a car on an open trailer or something...that would be the ticket for an awesome street truck setup. Tires wouldn't look stretched and ridiculous, and the truck would still look the part. That thought has me all tingly in my nether regions.

Rubenk

Reaction score
I was going to have my factory 20's widened and painted/finished to get closer to what I wanted, but its expensive and they're still damn heavy.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Oh yes sir. 18x11s fit perfect. I have a 4x4 too and they work all the way around. 18x11 with 8" bs.
20151019_214730_1.jpg

Same offset as stock. Just added 1.5" to front and 1.5" to rear.
20150926_112647.jpg

20150925_131234.jpg

Rubenk

Reaction score
Wonder what the weight difference is on that 18x11 vs the factory 20 aluminum wheels?

d.evil

Reaction score
I havnt run it at a track yet but have played in the street with some g-tech stuff. I actually used it at track on previous vehicles to verify and surprisingly its very close in et. And it consistently pops 12.20s on that with minimal tire spin with no boost. 2nd gear on is insane. It has H&S 300 tune. With mcc trans tuning. Cold air kit. 5" exhaust turbo back system. I'm sure it it would ever hook with a boosted launch it would be a high 11 second truck. Just because of the weight. Also should add I did a trutrac to accommodate factory 3.73s and it is awesome in the posi dept.

Curious if you have any tips on getting a decent launch? Just put on some traction bars and the trutrac and it still just burns them up as soon as the boost comes on. If I roll into it a bit slower it helps, but just can't seem to get a decent launch. It's either just spinning and not going anywhere or slowing getting into it to avoid spin and not going much quicker. I'm sure better tires will help a ton but until then any tips would be great. Thanks

08twinturbo

Reaction score
You explained it to a tee. That's the same issues I honestly have on the street. The highest I've left is 5psi and it will blow them off even on 20psi in drag radials, trutrac, and traction bars. Now what I did find out is after I installed a cargo rack lol. And when I slid that in and loaded it with 4 5 gallon gas jugs it hooked penomenal at 5psi. But of course that can't stay. So I've determined a little weight in rear will help alot. They just don't transfer well without something in rear. I will say on a track which was an old airstrip Dallas has managed a 12.05 in his single cab with less than 8psi launch with only a 1.76 60 ft.

Last edited:

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Wonder what the weight difference is on that 18x11 vs the factory 20 aluminum wheels?
Ruben I still have the boxes the Bogarts came in so I'll get the weight off the box and we will compare. They are very light. I know the total mounted weight was less than one 33x12.50.20 toyo at tire Unmounted .

Last edited:

d.evil

Reaction score
I will say on a track which was an old airstrip Dallas has managed a 12.05 in his single cab with less than 8psi launch with only a 1.76 60 ft.

Wow that's pretty impressive. What mods? 1.76 60ft aint too shabby having so little weight over the drive wheels. I take it your 12.20 g-tech readings are pretty accurate then if there are actual slips in the low 12s out there with similar mods. It would be cool to see an 11.xx pass with just a tune, intake & exhaust engine-wise. Obviously that isn't possible on street tires, but still, an 11 second truck with minimal mods is impressive. Even a 12.xx truck is damn quick!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Ruben I have half of your answer. The rear 18x11s are 30pds each. I have a new factory replacement coming for customer and I'll weigh it. I know the factory is at least 50 pds. Maybe more. Total weight savings with tire is probably at least 40pds per assembly.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Ruben I have half of your answer. The rear 18x11s are 30pds each. I have a new factory replacement coming for customer and I'll weigh it. I know the factory is at least 50 pds. Maybe more. Total weight savings with tire is probably at least 40pds per assembly.

Wow that is insane!! That factory replacement is a lariat/KR 20"?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty impressive. What mods? 1.76 60ft aint too shabby having so little weight over the drive wheels. I take it your 12.20 g-tech readings are pretty accurate then if there are actual slips in the low 12s out there with similar mods. It would be cool to see an 11.xx pass with just a tune, intake & exhaust engine-wise. Obviously that isn't possible on street tires, but still, an 11 second truck with minimal mods is impressive. Even a 12.xx truck is damn quick!
Devil. Jump over to this thread and go to post #16. Dallas talks about his single cab with same wheel tire combo.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68999&page=2

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Wow that is insane!! That factory replacement is a lariat/KR 20"?
Yea I have a factory 20 should be in the next couple days.
Remember to those rear drag tires are way lighter than a e rated 20" factory. My truck honestly feels like it's on steroids with these light wheels.

Latest posts

Members online