Who all has updated to the V6 PIP tunes for the 15's?

lobe50

Reaction score
Nice Job Captain...that is what I was trying to post lol...Thanks for the Help!!

20156point7

Reaction score
got a chance today to unplug the other 2 egr plugs that I didn't unplug. I have to say it made a huge difference in how it sounds and how it runs, it hits 80 so much quicker now. it feels like a different truck now.

JColeman7827

Reaction score
I had missed the one furthest back so I unplugged it but I couldn't tell a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcswetman

Reaction score
Mike how hard is it compared to a 6.4 to do the egr delete. I haven't tackled this task because I did my 6.4 in the drive way and it was a PITA. Gonna do that and the ccv next.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike how hard is it compared to a 6.4 to do the egr delete. I haven't tackled this task because I did my 6.4 in the drive way and it was a PITA. Gonna do that and the ccv next.

easier. just depends on the bolts. on the higher mileage trucks I always recommend read the instructions and spray all the exhaust side bolts with liquid wrench or similar a few days in a row before the job to make getting them off easier. job, even for a first timer should be 4 hours or less. with the bleed port on the no limit delete , the coolant refill process is cut in half, sparing about 20 minutes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
seems like whoever is selling these tunes would make it clear that the egr and whatnot needs unplugged.. i dont have a clue who Rudy's diesel has custom tuning their sct that i have and they dont say a word in the directions on how to load the tunes that the egr needs unplugged so i called and asked cuz of some of the threads saying that they figured out the problem and everything needed unplugged... sounds lime it would save a headache or 2 if the ones sellijg the tunes would mention what needs done...

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
seems like whoever is selling these tunes would make it clear that the egr and whatnot needs unplugged.. i dont have a clue who Rudy's diesel has custom tuning their sct that i have and they dont say a word in the directions on how to load the tunes that the egr needs unplugged so i called and asked cuz of some of the threads saying that they figured out the problem and everything needed unplugged... sounds lime it would save a headache or 2 if the ones sellijg the tunes would mention what needs done...

live life full throttle

shoulda called me.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
what i am saying is, why should everyone have to? how come there isnt some install instructions saying what needs done? btw, i am by no means bitching, figured it might save some hassle is all...

live life full throttle

I agree with you on that.I feel like it should have been part of the email when the new V6 tunes were sent out.Mike @ PiP is good about customer service and within the 1st email he sent back about the 3 EGR plugs with the pics I posted.If it wouldn't have been for me asking him about it, I'd have flashed back to the older tunes for sure.Like you said tho it would have been easiest tho to know from the get go about making sure they were unplugged.Im def not saying anything negative about them as the customer service is excellent and in their minds, You would think most people have block off plates or the EGR deleted anyways so it's kinda tough to be sour towards them anyways.The truck is a night and day difference with all 3 plugs undone tho.I didn't even know about the black plug on the EGR.The only 2 I knew about were the Orange plugs.

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Schaeffers penetro is the baddest chit on earth to help break bolts and nuts loose..

live life full throttle

I'm a KROIL man myself lol.Thats what we've used offshore for quite some time now and I swear by it.I'll have to order me a can of that stuff you are talking about tho.Ive never heard of it.
I'm always down for trying new things :eek:fftopic Haha!

Charles

higherlife

Reaction score
If your going for the egr delete just make sure you have a proper set of tools. Not just a socket and wrench. As far as mike and everyone having to explain how to hook everything up, Google is a great source since there was like 100 threads on the three plugs and he also sends out great instructions on how to get the tunes on your truck. I don't get the complaining, hate to say it but a lot of it is common sense and following where the wires lead to.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
So what would throw a soft P0402 code on a full delete and three disconnected connectors? Dropped me a CEL this morning, but that could have been due to low ECT.

Throttle plate/body disconnected (small black connector), EGR valve (big orange connector), EGR pressure/vacuum switch??(small black connector)

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
EDIT:Throttle plate/body disconnected (small black connector), EGR valve actuator (big orange connector), EGR cooler bypass actuator (small black connector)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If it's the maf / egr code which it sounds like from running the no limit , pip has updated their tunes. Give them an email and they'll get you fixed right up.

Latest posts

Members online