Wicked wheel 2

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Was going todo a before and after on this last install, but my Dyno guy has been out. Going to get an after on the truck this week hopefully.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Was going todo a before and after on this last install, but my Dyno guy has been out. Going to get an after on the truck this week hopefully.

im curious, why do you have such a hard on for the ww ?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I'm curious why we still have yet to see one single person dyno a direct before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Dyno'd today, spartan 200, deleted, s&b, ww2, 433hp/773trq. Not thrilled! But still up 108rwhp, and 105trq. Over stock wondering if the new wheel flows more air than stock and now the charge air cooler is now a restriction?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dyno'd today, spartan 200, deleted, s&b, ww2, 433hp/773trq. Not thrilled! But still up 108rwhp, and 105trq. Over stock wondering if the new wheel flows more air than stock and now the charge air cooler is now a restriction?

if you aren't getting an underefficiency code the cac is not causing a problem. all of us with bigger turbos get a code for it. sure a better cac will help but its definitely NOT your problem. my guess would be your problem is this turbo's map. it would be nice for you guys to put a speed sensor in. just an FYI the stock wheel at 35psi is over 180000 rpm ... YIKES !

mattmal9

Reaction score

Idk, hearing that does not really sell me on it at all.

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out the difference, h&s says that there hot tune does, 497/1044 is that accurate?

Then this seems more accurate 406/753 next week going to try and Dyno a different truck that has the same setup with a H&s tuner instead of spartan to see what it does.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Different dynos and different operators can make a big difference on numbers. These trucks just don't make huge power. But they drive great tow awesome so that's pretty good for the time being. Best is just to upgrade from the crappy stock turbo and bearings.

Sent from my I fone 5

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Just for reference, here's mine deleted and on a H&S tune
Stock: 342RWHP / 666TQ
H&S Hot DPF ON: 407RWHP / 754TQ
H&S Hot Deleted: 441RWHP / 977TQ!
6-7-minimax-deleted-dyno-stock-dpf-hot-dpf-off-hot.jpg

Was really hoping to see some improvement over that with the WW...

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Truck is a 12, wanted todo before and after but Dyno guy was out of town. Going to Dyno a truck next week that is the same setup using h&s instead of spartan to see what it does.

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with spartan, called to see if they had numbers for there tunes. They said that they did not have any, but a stock truck makes 320 to the wheels, so it should make around 520hp.

mattmal9

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with spartan, called to see if they had numbers for there tunes. They said that they did not have any, but a stock truck makes 320 to the wheels, so it should make around 520hp.

520 deleted with a tune sounds kinda high, IMO. I'm not saying its not possible, but I haven't seen many guys on here with that kinda number just from a tune.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
520 deleted with a tune sounds kinda high, IMO. I'm not saying its not possible, but I haven't seen many guys on here with that kinda number just from a tune.

id say 450-475 is a safe bet. mine only did 400 with H&S . but I was lifted with 3:31

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Agreed, that's what the guy said at spartan. It definitely felt stronger when the wheel was added. We will see next week when I Dyno another truck with an h&s tuner. If it picks up the missing 200 torq, the spartan will be forsale!!!

oilfieldstroker

Reaction score
Alright boys the truck: 11 sclb. H&s mini maxx. Sinister egr delete. Soflo single 5 into dual 6 cat stacks. Just got my ww2 installed took installer 5.25 hours. They're not a sponsor on here so can't name them (central pennsylvania). Said removal and install wasn't bad just had a pain getting the downpipe clamps off. Picked up the truck boost is...different 0-10 psi seems to take longer but 10-28 is instant. Truck definitely pulls harder . Pre ww2 70 mph flat highway egt was 580 avg. With ww2 egt 70 mph highway flat is 562. Sound: has a low pitch hum from 0-5 psi similar to a supercharger whine. Other than that no difference. For the price (equal to a cai) I would say a good value. Will post an update at 20k miles after install if you guys would like? This is the stock turbo when took the old wheel off there was no shaft play.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.