Wicked wheel 2

CATDiezel

Reaction score
My stock turbo built an instant 30 psi in a pre - hs tune before they went turbo safe.... The 20 degree difference is not accurate enough. Different conditions of air and dew point can do a 50 degree swing easy. It's a statistically 1:3 ratio for ambient air to exhaust temp. With humidity raising that ratio.

Glad your liking the world war 2 wheel

oilfieldstroker

Reaction score
Wicked wheel 2? And as for temps the temperature When I dropped it off was 68 humidity 56 picked it up with ww was 76 52 percent humidity. And my tuner has always had turbo safe tunes on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Dyno'd another truck today 2012 f250, h&s black max, s&b, 4" flow pro, ww2

367hp, 613trq. Very confused at this point

hoosiers16

Reaction score
Any update on these WW2's with tuned trucks? Going to be tuning and deleting my 2011 soon and wondering if the improved performance and reliability is worth it or not

maxxedout

Reaction score
I've had mine in for a little over 20K, and I can't complain about it... I mean, sooner or later I'm going to buy a better turbo for the truck, but the wicked wheel seems to do a good job for now.

jpk774

Reaction score
Really Not impressed with the WW2 for my 2012 F-350. My mods are the following;

SCT with Rudys D tunes DPF DEL

EGR DEL

AIR RAID INTAKE

MAGNAFLOW Exhaust.

The turbo takes longer to spool less torque on the bottom end. Gained some but very little up top. More black smoke than before on the race tune. Turbo is quieter less whistle, and push sound from exhaust. Should have put the money towards an H&S turbo kit. I may even go back to stock on the turbo wheel. WW2<----:biggun: :lame:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Really Not impressed with the WW2 for my 2012 F-350. My mods are the following;

SCT with Rudys D tunes DPF DEL

EGR DEL

AIR RAID INTAKE

MAGNAFLOW Exhaust.

The turbo takes longer to spool less torque on the bottom end. Gained some but very little up top. More black smoke than before on the race tune. Turbo is quieter less whistle, and push sound from exhaust. Should have put the money towards an H&S turbo kit. I may even go back to stock on the turbo wheel. WW2<----:biggun: :lame:
I'd start by swapping out the air filter... or turbo is actually dying..

live life full throttle

14scorpion

Reaction score
Could you just remove front cover on turbo and remove old wheel/install new wheel without having to completely remove the whole turbo system from truck?

brjohn2695

Reaction score
You get surge in a 6.7?

live life full throttle
My 6.7 would surge something terrible while towing, and under various other conditions, had to drive with the manual mode to force downshifts in order to stop it, replaced the turbo with one out of a 2013 6.7 with 33K miles on it and a wicked wheel. Wicked wheel completely eliminated the surge, and made the turbo spool a lot nicer smoother and quicker, until the turbo failed yesterday, 37K on the turbo, 7k on the wicked wheel....no sure if the wicked wheel is the cause, trucks going in in the morning on a trailer.

Notneb

Reaction score
My 6.7 would surge something terrible while towing, and under various other conditions, had to drive with the manual mode to force downshifts in order to stop it, replaced the turbo with one out of a 2013 6.7 with 33K miles on it and a wicked wheel. Wicked wheel completely eliminated the surge, and made the turbo spool a lot nicer smoother and quicker, until the turbo failed yesterday, 37K on the turbo, 7k on the wicked wheel....no sure if the wicked wheel is the cause, trucks going in in the morning on a trailer.

To get a 2015 turbo and pump... right? lol

brjohn2695

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering it! tired of having the truck in the shop! Plus i got money coming my way soon! But in all seriousness, I loved the way the thing ran with the wicked wheel..until it the bearing failed, now it sounds like i have a dyson running under the hood! But boost pressures were slightly higher than stock, ran 24psi completely stock with the WW, didn't notice any thing special on my KEM performance tune pretty much ran the same except it smoked a little less and had a little bit less turbo lag didn't really notice a noise incease, sounds like a jet engine at high altitude (5000-8500ft) towing though. But the wicked wheel really shined while towing, it was so smooth and quick into boost where as without my turbo would struggle once it hit 14-17psi and often start surging while in 6th going up a grade, the wicked wheel spooled smoothly through no boost stutter.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering it! tired of having the truck in the shop! Plus i got money coming my way soon! But in all seriousness, I loved the way the thing ran with the wicked wheel..until it the bearing failed, now it sounds like i have a dyson running under the hood! But boost pressures were slightly higher than stock, ran 24psi completely stock with the WW, didn't notice any thing special on my KEM performance tune pretty much ran the same except it smoked a little less and had a little bit less turbo lag didn't really notice a noise incease, sounds like a jet engine at high altitude (5000-8500ft) towing though. But the wicked wheel really shined while towing, it was so smooth and quick into boost where as without my turbo would struggle once it hit 14-17psi and often start surging while in 6th going up a grade, the wicked wheel spooled smoothly through no boost stutter.

hit me up we stock all that stuff, and some good pricing for ya !!

brjohn2695

Reaction score
Going to let my shop put on another stock charger for now, have a special relationship with them and as long as the truck goes in stock they don't ask questions.

Last edited:

brjohn2695

Reaction score
Best Way to get ahold of you? Just wanna price things out for now, looking at a 2015 turbo retro fit, or a 2015 turbo kit and 2015 CP4

brjohn2695

Reaction score
How do you like your 2015 retrofit? do you run a 2015 cp4 too? I know they move alot more fuel as my buddies running one on his 2013 with a big single non-vgt

Latest posts

Members online