Would you trade a 2009 LTZ 4x4 2500hd Duramax for a 6.0

colecoop56

Reaction score
I know this is kind of a crazy question but I had a 2013 6.7 f250 for 2 years and I liked the truck but I decided to sell it to buy my wife a newer car when I got married. After I bought her a new car I decided to buy a 2009 duramax with 80k miles because I had a 2005 duramax before the 6.7 and I loved that truck. Don't get me wrong I love the 2009 duramax and it is nice but I have always wanted a 6.0. I know 6.0s have their issues but they have been the one truck since they came out that I have loved.

So my question would I be stupid to trade my 2009 duramax in on a 2005-2007 6.0? I mean I know I would have to bullet proof it immediately and then I would do tune, intake, exhaust, wheels, and tires and then be happy for a while. Part of my feels like it would be a bad move thought because I do love my duramax and I know it is reliable and it is comfortable and fun to drive. It would be nice to have lower payments with the 6.0 though haha. And from time to time I am finding 6.0s with low miles which would be awesome.

Good or bad Let me know yalls opinions haha.

Cole

colecoop56

Reaction score
Hell I think part of me just misses this forum but I don't want another 6.7 right now. I love 6.4s but I dunno I drive so damn much for work I need something very reliable.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hell I think part of me just misses this forum but I don't want another 6.7 right now. I love 6.4s but I dunno I drive so damn much for work I need something very reliable.

Keep the duramax.

I love my fords, but I commute 130-150 miles a day.. and I daily an LML.

Stick with what you've got

Black AOD

Reaction score
I know this is kind of a crazy question but I had a 2013 6.7 f250 for 2 years and I liked the truck but I decided to sell it to buy my wife a newer car when I got married. After I bought her a new car I decided to buy a 2009 duramax with 80k miles because I had a 2005 duramax before the 6.7 and I loved that truck. Don't get me wrong I love the 2009 duramax and it is nice but I have always wanted a 6.0. I know 6.0s have their issues but they have been the one truck since they came out that I have loved.

So my question would I be stupid to trade my 2009 duramax in on a 2005-2007 6.0? I mean I know I would have to bullet proof it immediately and then I would do tune, intake, exhaust, wheels, and tires and then be happy for a while. Part of my feels like it would be a bad move thought because I do love my duramax and I know it is reliable and it is comfortable and fun to drive. It would be nice to have lower payments with the 6.0 though haha. And from time to time I am finding 6.0s with low miles which would be awesome.

Good or bad Let me know yalls opinions haha.

Cole

Um, no. Just **** no. Absolutely not NO.

Dear god no.

If anybody speaks from 6.0 experience, It's this guy here (Cody G.) Listen to him lol

Zmann

Reaction score
I made the trade and I am a Chevy guy

buuuuuut my 2500HD was not a Dmax that would have probably made me keep the GM
what I really hated about the GM was the IFS and power of the 6.0 gas

you only have one of those two issues I would recommend keeping the newer truck

that being said I wouldn't trade you my 6.0 Superduty for your Dmax it has been the best most dependable truck I or anyone i work with has ever seen

Atsah

Reaction score
Ya stay away.. I don't open the hood of my max, ever, my 6.0's in the past had worn our hood pistons..

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Um, no. Just **** no. Absolutely not NO.

If anybody speaks from 6.0 experience, It's this guy here (Cody G.) Listen to him lol

I loved my 6.0, you can have lots of fun for cheap fun but for a daily driven truck there's no way I would want to give up the refinement of that duramax

co04cobra

Reaction score
Do what YOU want to do...

I'd do the trade in a second. I'd pay difference if I had too.

There's no reason to listen to everyone's differences of opinions.

My daily commute is around 100mi and I drive a cc/lb, beat to sh!t, POS 6.0 and I love it. :D

If YOU want to make the trade, do it.!

Zmann

Reaction score
Do what YOU want to do...

There's no reason to listen to everyone's differences of opinions.

!

but he did ask :poke:

Good or bad Let me know yalls opinions haha

I agree about the DD my 6.0 is and has been a daily driver for the last 7 years
and I never missed that 2500HD once after the trade

valvetick

Reaction score
Duramax has its issues as well but the 6.0 just has so many issues to watch out for it makes it difficult unless you plan on starting fresh and going through everything from the get go so it doesn't leave you one day with a simple up dated part that would of been easier to replace while the whole thing was apart. I tore mine apart as soon as I got it but I have also only put 17k miles on mine in 2.5 years because I DD a motorcycle for the first year and half and now I have a company truck so the 6.0 is for play and towing only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online