1997 7.3 low psi stock system

97Cajun

Reaction score
I am stumped this is what I have done so far. I had high pressure issue 90 psi and went past a 100 wot and found my spring in the fpr hung up and bent. Ordered kit from diesel o rings rebuilt the entire fpr and fuel bowl. had an issue with the brass piece under the fpr and snap ring finally got it on as per procedure , read 25 psi so I bypass the selector valve and the two tanks I’m on a can of diesel on hose straight into mechanical pump. I still read same pressure 25 psi and the gauge has been verified with another So I replaced the fuel pump cranked it read 75-80 at first then fell off to 40 after 5-10 minutes at idle and after driving down the road it’s back at 25 and no power. There is a small leak I think it is the bottom of fpr on that hard line with the snap ring.The fuel bowl has corrosion in the bottom of it and the lid is a aftermarket so i ordered a Motorcraft fuel bowl with fpr and all attachments.
I have fuel flow back to return line going in a bucket. I pinched the return line off and pressure stayed at 25-30 psi. There is no fuel getting in my oil or coming out of exhaust. Truck cranks and idles great. So I hope it’s the fuel bowl and fpr but I leaning towards another O’Reilly precision pump. Would love some help on this thanks .

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
I think there has to be something wrong in your FPR yet. You went from 100 psi to 25 psi without changing anything else in between?

Sure sounds like it is in the FPR somewhere yet.