2001 Lariat power seat problem

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for a 6 way power seat with heater?

My seat has an intermittent problem with the front to back motor. I drive with the seat as far back as possible. Today the wife needed to drive and the seat would not adjust forward.

I pulled the seat, cleaned up the gear drive and channel, greased and re-installed the seat. It worked fine for one cycle then quit. I let it sit for a couple minutes and it worked then quit.

I think there is a limit switch that will shut the motor off when it hits the forward or rear stop.
I suspect this switch is weak and needs to be replaced (If it can).
I looked through the wiring diagrams in the technical section but didn't find a break down for the seat.

Atsah

Reaction score
I had the same problem.. It turned out to be an open wire in the harness in my case..

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Thanks for the relies and the diagram. I will pull the seat out again and see if I can find any problems with the harness. I think the thermal overload is built into the motor so I may be SOL.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
It looks like the motor is going.

All of the wiring looks good and the pins are all seated.

It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. If it quits, wait a few minutes and it works again.

Tom S

Reaction score
I was just jacking with this exact same problem on a Taurus. I pulled that motor apart and it looked perfect. Cleaned it up a bit, oiled the bearings, cleaned the commutator, etc. Bench tested it and it would run a little bit then stop. If you let it sit for a while it would do the same thing again. I had it apart a few times and flat out could not get it to work. Windings did not look bad either.

I finally swapped it out with one of the other function motors to get the car on the road again. Very curious to see the outcome on yours.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Not sure what direction I will take on mine. I am looking at swapping like you did.

New motor is $300 on the internet for new. I dont want to mess with salvage yard stuff.

I sure wish there was a power air ride pedestal that would work with Ford seats.

Tom S

Reaction score
I know I have seen the air ride stuff some where but not sure about power. National seats comes to mind.

jwlandry

Reaction score
mine does the same thing... I have to flick the switch a few times to get it to start sliding. Interested to see what you find out.

Latest posts

Members online