2005 6.0 Excursion 4x4 Torqshift Output Case Cracked

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Your driveshaft ****ed like that would definitely cause that issue. See one of the first posts I made for ya in this threa. I'm surprised they didnt find and fix that issue when fixxing the broken case...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

robby830

Reaction score
Actually, I did tell them to check ujoints and driveshaft based on your reply and they said they looked good. Go figure.

I installed a new driveshaft this week thinking that was the problem. I guess transfer case bolts might have been loose and that was causing the shake? My fault there for not checking after replacing the driveshaft.

At least this time it happened in my neighborhood versus 500+ miles from home haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah, the ****ed driveshaft couldve loosened the bolts and cracked the case overtime. And now that the new driveshaft is in, and didnt fix it completely, you found what the bad driveshaft had done...

robby830

Reaction score
Aside from the 500+ drive home from the shop, it only lasted another 20 miles around town after that before the extreme vibration started. Parked it right away. Anything else I should check/replace while I’m down there?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check the trans mount, and I would probably be looking really close at the bolts for the t case to make sure they aint got any boogered threads on them or anything.

robby830

Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll be taking it apart this weekend and will make sure to check those.

Do you know how to remove the shaft from the case? I’m guessing the used one I get will have a stuck sensor like the previous one I bought and the original one that came off. The shop that did it last time took it off to remove the interior part of the sensor after it broke off.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There is a special 4 prong tool to pull the nut off that holds the seal in. Its usually tighter than a nuns asshole. If you dont have the tool, I have used an air hammer gently once or twice to remive and install them.

Latest posts

Members online