2011 F550 Destroying rotors

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
Yea these calipers are the 2 piston inboard style. It seems to slide just fine with the caliper compressor. We were quoted $880 for a a new caliper from ford today. So hopefully we dont have to go that route

Zmann

Reaction score
60 bucks for a rebuilt from autozone if they haven't changed in the last bodystyle

it's an oem caliper with all new hardware ,,

fine69

Reaction score
You guys noticed its an F550 right? You aren't getting a caliper for $80. Also brakes are covered until 12,000 miles as they are considered a wear item.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Should have replaced the calipers along with the pad the first time. sounds like a defective caliper. How much does the other side have left?

G Racing

Reaction score
You guys noticed its an F550 right? You aren't getting a caliper for $80. Also brakes are covered until 12,000 miles as they are considered a wear item.

Yes that's for a 550 caliper. If the caliper is seized then it's covered under warranty and will replace the rotor and pads under the warranty. Or the dealership here will do it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The rear calipers on my 06 F250 do this almost yearly man... I finally bought Napa stuff just so I could replace it for free. Everytime I take a wheel off to inspect it, pistons are seized and cracked in the caliper, and pads/rotors are worn to garbage. I don't know why it does this so much.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The rear calipers on my 06 F250 do this almost yearly man... I finally bought Napa stuff just so I could replace it for free. Everytime I take a wheel off to inspect it, pistons are seized and cracked in the caliper, and pads/rotors are worn to garbage. I don't know why it does this so much.

Arent all superduty rotors worn when its time for a brakejob? I had 100k on mine before I did my front brakes. Rotors were shot too. I always replace the rotor. Last brakejob I replaced ALL the calipers too :doh: 1800 bucks later....

TrueBlissCustoms

Reaction score
100K sounds reasonable to replace rotors, not 21k miles. Also we've done brakes on a lot of super duties that have not needed rotors, just pads. On my old 08 250 i was at 49k miles and still on the original pads.

Also since we are talking about it I have EBC yellow stuff brake pads front and rear for an 08-10 F250/F350 SRW. I'll take $100 for them plus shipping if anyone needs em? ???

09stroker

Reaction score
Arent all superduty rotors worn when its time for a brakejob?

No, I've replace pads multiple times on the same rotors on several superduties. The last time I had to replace a rotor was on our 03 with seized slider pins

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
My 100k rotors were in fine shape. I'll be curious to see if they out live the Hawk SD pads they have on them now.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The first 100k was hooked to a trailer. Never even unhooked it. The rotors wer shot but.the pads lasted 100k. The replacement brakejob lasted 50k. Now I just replace them once a year :D This year is the laziest year my 00 has had. It went 8k in 11! Ha ha...so no brakes this year.

My lift/tires must be whats trashing my rotors.

Latest posts

Members online