6.0 won't start

dg45000

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on an issue on my 2005 6.0 where it won't start. It'll crank but won't fire. Video link below of the attempts to start it. Current mods on it are 190/30 holders injectors, fass 140g @65psi with regulated return , kc stage 2 turbo, stc fitting upgrade, stand pipes/dummy plugs, new glow plugs and harnesses, s&b air intake with 4in straight pipe, head studs, new ipr, bpd oil cooler, bpd ficm, bpd fan clutch and tunes from blessedperformance, ignition switch also 2 new batteries/alternator. I have a sct x4 and cts insight 3 to monitor it. Icp showing anywhere from 1200-2000 when cranking. I've tried unplugging the icp as well. I'm really just shooting in the dark and throwing money at the problem now but I don't really know what else to try, any advice would be appreciated. It has not run yet as all of this was done at once. I'd take it somewhere to get looked at but I would need to get it started to get out of the position it's in to get it on a tow truck, it'll start with a bit of starting fluid but it doesn't like it and I don't want to use it if I don't have too. Also I've removed the ipr and hooked the engine up to my air compressor and let it sit for a while and it still held pressure, so I don't think it has any high pressure oil leaks.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Any codes? What does the computer read for rpm while cranking? FICM sync, sync, injector pulse width?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dg45000

Reaction score
OK so after messing around with the crank position sensor I got it to start, but it doesn't sound that great almost as if it's trying to kill it self every few seconds. I let it run for a while thinking there might just be air in the lines but it never got any better. Is a fass 140g enough for this type of setup? This is a video of it on the street tune which is the easiest one to run.

Also here is a video of it running with the stock tune which sounds much better but i don't know if I should move it around with it on stock while running the listed mods. Will it hurt the injectors or anything to move it a little bit?

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.