6.7 questions

Deereman4020

Reaction score
I found a 2014 f550 with the 6.7 diesel with 231k and I don't know enough about them to know if the truck is a bad deal a good idea or somewhere in-between. Long story short what is the good the bad and the ugly on these engines.
Thanks, Jacob.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
They're solid engines and transmissions for sure. You're definitely going to have turbo issues at some point if it is still a stock turbo on that truck but there are several options to swap out for an upgraded turbo.

I'd also recommend doing a Disaster Prevention Kit to help prevent any damage if the CP4 were to fail. May not even be a bad idea to put a pump on it just to be safe with that many miles on it.

Other than that, shouldn't be too much to worry about but obviously that depends on how it was cared for and everything as well.

SDER1

Reaction score
Late to reply, are there any service record history available? This will provide some indicative information on oil and fuel filter replacements, along with coolant and transmission care - all depending on who was providing the service (Ford or owner or quicklube).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online