6.7L vs. 6.4L

fine69

Reaction score
I had a friend of a friend make me a crazy offer for my 09. My Dealership has a 2012 350 Lariat that I'd REALLY like. So my question is, any of you current 6.7 owners that used to have a 6.4, what made you take the jump to the new truck? Any regrets? The offer for my truck is $2000 less than I paid for it! I only owe $6000 on it, so is it worth trading up for the 2012?

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I hope someone that has had both comes along, but I have driven a few stock 6.4's and I feel like my truck is stronger. I haven't driven either with tuning so I can't speak to that. I know that I love my 6.7 though. It runs flawlessly and is very strong. I have put over 4k on my truck since I got it and haven't had to add urea yet. I found it at AutoZone for $11.99 for 2.5 Gallons, which is less than diesel coupled with fantastic mileage stock. I hope you have a chance to weigh you options and make the right choice for you.

Chris

java

Reaction score
If you want to go fast keep the 6.4, but if you want a nicer truck get a 6.7. Once tuned the 6.7 are quick but not as fast as a 6.4.

Mpoage

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a 2010 F-250 6.4 Lariat with every option. His is straight piped with innovative tunes and mine is bone stock, also with every option. Theres sometimes where we will have to take both trucks somewhere and he will want me to drive his so he can drive mine. LOL After driving his and then gettting into my truck the seats feel so much better and its just so quiet and smooth. Honestly I love the power that the 6.4 can make with little mods but I wouldnt give my King Ranch up for one.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
6.4's have also had more aftermarket time, id get the 6.7 and save money for when the aftermarket catches up.

the fuel system on the 6.7 simply won't support the power that the Siemens setup on the 6.4 will.

the aftermarket will catch up, but you're going to be doing a lot more custom/aftermarket stuff to make power

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the fuel system on the 6.7 simply won't support the power that the Siemens setup on the 6.4 will.

the aftermarket will catch up, but you're going to be doing a lot more custom/aftermarket stuff to make power

yeah, as well as the lpfp, and the injectors delivery rate dont come close. maybe something will happen, i have heard of some tuning break throughs as of late, but the 6.7 , tune for tune isnt even close as of yet. maybe rudy will chime in, i know they have ben's 6.7 running real good.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping 6.4 tuning continues to evolve as well

it will on bigger stuff. i think the tuner only stuff just needs refinement here and there ... each truck is finnicky, we all know each one needs a lil special love.

Latest posts

Members online