Adding fog lights.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Adding fog lights, needing part #'s

Alright I just bought a 2010 and it Dosnt have fog lights. I'm looking for the part numbers, I think all I need is the light switch and the wirering, I've already got a bumper with the lights them selfs in them so I don't need that. Anyone ever done this if so do ya have the numbers I need or if that's all that's needed?
Thanks

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Alright I just bought a 2010 and it Dosnt have fog lights. I'm looking for the part numbers, I think all I need is the light switch and the wirering, I've already got a bumper with the lights them selfs in them so I don't need that. Anyone ever done this if so do ya have the numbers I need or if that's all that's needed?
Thanks

Did it on my 08 DRW, if you don't want to use factory switch with factory wiring.

I used good wire a separate switch spliced the connectors on the lights solder them, heat shrink run switch in cab run power etc etc.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Did it on my 08 DRW, if you don't want to use factory switch with factory wiring.

I used good wire a separate switch spliced the connectors on the lights solder them, heat shrink run switch in cab run power etc etc.

Ya I thought about doing it that way also, i just wasn't sure what the switch and wires cost if there cheap or not outrages I may just go that route.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Ya I thought about doing it that way also, i just wasn't sure what the switch and wires cost if there cheap or not outrages I may just go that route.

Yup, was going use factory wiring and switch but, I forgot to order the switch and wiring when I ordered the lights for the dealer.

Been holding up for the past 4 years.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Yup, was going use factory wiring and switch but, I forgot to order the switch and wiring when I ordered the lights for the dealer.

Been holding up for the past 4 years.

Well that's reassuring, do they stay on with high beams since its that way?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I added the OEM fogs to my XLT. Just wired them up to my number 4 up fitter switch and have worked fine for 7 years

Last edited:

Jgon08

Reaction score
I added the OEM fogs to my XLT. Just wired them up to my number 4 up fitter switch and have worked fine for 7 years

I thought about this as well but I don't have up fitter switches.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought about this as well but I don't have up fitter switches.

Ive used the red and blue pushbutton led switches from the parts store with good success in the past. I used one to allow me to keep my duramax mirror heaters on versus a 20 min duration or whatever the factory is wired to do.

You could wire them to the factory switch and then wire that in yourself so they stay on.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Ive used the red and blue pushbutton led switches from the parts store with good success in the past. I used one to allow me to keep my duramax mirror heaters on versus a 20 min duration or whatever the factory is wired to do.

You could wire them to the factory switch and then wire that in yourself so they stay on.

Ya I may end up doing it that way I'm waiting on my local dealer to give me a price now we will see what it all cost.

b.knight0926

Reaction score
8C3Z15A211A for the harness. SW-6454 for the switch without automatic lights. I got mine off of ebay for about $30 each. My 2010 was prewired, I believe there was a plug on the drivers side of the radiator where you plug the fog light harness harness into. I just used my dad's truck as a reference when running the harness.

Jgon08

Reaction score
8C3Z15A211A for the harness. SW-6454 for the switch without automatic lights. I got mine off of ebay for about $30 each. My 2010 was prewired, I believe there was a plug on the drivers side of the radiator where you plug the fog light harness harness into. I just used my dad's truck as a reference when running the harness.

Perfect you the man.

Fox56

Reaction score
Oh what a nightmare as I have been attempting to add factory Fogs to my 2009 F250 Super now for a few years and the more I research the more confusing it all gets. The OEM harness is 8C3Z15A211A as per Ford, does anyone know if the part offered aftermarket (BC3Z-15A211-A) will work and any changes needed?

Latest posts

Members online