Aftermarket decks won't work

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd brand of aftermarket deck and still can't get one to work. Started of with a Sony returned it bought a pioneer. When that wouldn't work I got frustrated and just got a refund. Couple months later I've now ended up with a cheaper deck that I got for free but it still won't work. Bought a few different harness to make sure it wasn't a quality issue but that didn't help either. Wire it all up plug the deck in and no sound. Full power and function but no sound. Stock radio works fine every time. Truck is an 03 lariat if that matters. Thanks for the help.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You're wiring something wrong. Aftermarket HU's work just fine in your truck.

djr4x4

Reaction score
Definately wiring something wrong.. Had an aftermarket HU in my 99 truck. Installed an aftermarket in my 2000, and I have a aftermarket Pioneer 7" touchscreen in my 2008.

ToMang07

Reaction score
3 Options, from most likely to least likely:

1: You wired something wrong.
2: You have a bad fuse or 2.
3: Your trucks wiring harness is damaged/inop.

djr4x4

Reaction score
He said OEM radio works just fine.. I'd say No 3 would be a negative since it works on the OEM radio.. Bad fuse on the vehicle would be a negative too since OEM again works
.. Either wired wrong or a fuse is missing all together on the new HU's.. Can't picture that being the case.. Are the HU's powering up and no sound or are they just dead, no power?

djr4x4

Reaction score
Just reread the post and I see the HU is powering up, fully functional but yet no sound.. Need to double check your speaker wiring.. Pics if possible of the wiring???

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I can get a pic later. Forgot to mention took the harness and all unplugged from my truck plugged into another and it worked.

djr4x4

Reaction score
About the only thing I'd recommend and it'll be a pita is take that diagram and make sure everything is where it should be for speaker wires.

Latest posts

Members online