All over the place...(8" and 37s). Help

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ummmm... that means the spindle is bent but I find it hard to believe otherwise you would have axle shaft problems

mclean

Reaction score
What are the chances that the drop pitman arm could slip on the splined shaft on the steering box? My steering wheel is "loose" between 12 and i would 2. I cant see it slipping on the splines, maybe where its connected to the drag link or whatever its called?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Yeah it could be loose where its connected to the drag link or on the lower side. I'm having similar problems with a negative offset wheel on stock height, but not as extreme as yourself with a permanent 10* bump correction, that's scary. I hope it gets fixed soon, I was hoping to see you update this thread with a solution.

SAK

Reaction score
What are the chances that the drop pitman arm could slip on the splined shaft on the steering box? My steering wheel is "loose" between 12 and i would 2. I cant see it slipping on the splines, maybe where its connected to the drag link or whatever its called?

The sector shaft is probably worn out, you can try adjusting the mesh. The ruff ride may be caused by the alignment, if they didn't adjust the 4 link bars the same they could have put the axel in a bind and causing the ruff ride.

What is the specs of your setup?

mclean

Reaction score
The sector shaft is probably worn out, you can try adjusting the mesh. The ruff ride may be caused by the alignment, if they didn't adjust the 4 link bars the same they could have put the axel in a bind and causing the ruff ride.

What is the specs of your setup?

Pretty sure that is my issue. I put a straight edge on the springs and the top 3-4 coils were touching, the bottom was out almost an inch. Not sure if this means anything or if they are suppose to be straight the whole way down, but I need to bring the bottom 4-link bars in quite a bit.

...its a ROUGH Country 8" 4-link. I don't have enough saved up for the lift that I want yet so I grabbed this off of a guy on this site. He said it actually rode very smooth so something isn't right haha

SAK

Reaction score
Pretty sure that is my issue. I put a straight edge on the springs and the top 3-4 coils were touching, the bottom was out almost an inch. Not sure if this means anything or if they are suppose to be straight the whole way down, but I need to bring the bottom 4-link bars in quite a bit.

...its a ROUGH Country 8" 4-link. I don't have enough saved up for the lift that I want yet so I grabbed this off of a guy on this site. He said it actually rode very smooth so something isn't right haha

So I am guessing the springs are in an arc, if that's the case, the alignment is not right and you need to adjust the caster.

Latest posts

Members online