Another conversion question 12V vs CR...sorry!

Jeremy

Reaction score
So I've been pondering a conversion for awhile now. I've been hunting for the right truck with a blown 6.0, to try a conversion out on. I havent found the right one, so I probably use my 00 7.3L.

I have an 03 CR with an NV5600 trans. but I'd really like a 97-98 12V with the 913 pump.

I'm assuming the CR would be the easier of the two to swap, in term of getting the cruise control and such to work.

I like the simplicity of the 12V and the better MPG it delivers. How hard is it to get the factory cruise to work. I want the truck to look like its OEM, and not have a couple of dodge switches glued to the dash.

Any adivce? Anyone have a good 12V they wanna trade?

NotStock

Reaction score
The cruise actually isnt too hard to get to work on the 12v. You simply need a cruise control servo from a 5.4L Ford. Expedition, Excursion, or F250 will work amoung others. Its a manual servo with a cable end on it. Simply adapt that to the throttle linkage on the p pump and wire it up to the factory ford harness and your good to go. I have the pin locations for the cruise control written down somewhere. I have a 1998 Industrial block (came out of a FedEx van) motor that has the 215 or 225 pump on it I would trade you. I have actually been looking for an NV5600 to use for my dually conversion.

Latest posts

Members online