Another turbo question post

01drwmoneypit

Reaction score
I have searched and dug and dug and searched and looked at compressor maps and tried to find real world examples but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. My set up is in my signature and half has been run for a while and half is currently in the build stage. The truck was stock when I got it, pulled the engine and built it, rods, coated pistons, push rods, 910s, 250/100s, kc 366 38r 1.0, regulated return, studs. Ended up pushing the head gasket out the side while towing. Engine is currently out on the stand, short block built with coated, delipped, and fly cut pistons, added a colt stage 2 cam, main girdle, heads are out currently being ported and o ringed. So here comes the turbo question, I’m running a KC 366 38r that I bought as soon as they came out, when they were introduced they were advertised as being good up to a 250/100 now they are advertised as being good for a 205/30 injector which is really disheartening because I bought it while the truck was stock with room to grow. Now with everything I’ve done I feel the turbo will be a pinch point in what I’m looking for. I want to be able to tow 10k+ happily, spool quickly and have good manners with the 6spd. All my reading has lead to me either the tried and true S467.7 or the Garrett GTX4294R. I know there is a considerable price difference which isn’t too concerning considering what I already have in it. If anyone could give me some advice here as far as which turbo will light quicker and possible advice on turbine a/r size.
Thanks

Addicted4

Reaction score
Get ahold of someone that deals with bell turbo products. Irate diesel I believe deals with them still. Very reputable turbo builder that will build you what you need.

Latest posts

Members online