Any F-150's with a 7.3l?

Viking

Reaction score
Im looking at grabbing an f-150 for cheap, 97-04 bodystyle, and am wondering if anyone has done this swap? I have only found older f-150's with it done.

imelmo

Reaction score
I had seen a vid from some shop in Miami that had done the swap. I don't remember who it was though. They did offer it as a package iirc though.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I wonder if a cab over would be a better way of doing this? Putting a 150 body in place of a 250 body.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yes sir I agree. I am saving right now for a 08-10 4x4 SC SRW F250 or F350 to use to turn my grandpa's 86 F150 single cab short box 2wd truck in to my drag truck. My skills are not good enough to take what I need off the 08 to put on the 86, so I figured I would do a cab over. lol You think I should just take my time and keep the 86 together but stuff it with the 6.4?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Guess I need to see what kinda weight difference I am looking at. lol I know every 100lbs is a 10th of a second... I think. Been a while since I have built any thing to be fast. Then again I have never put this much work in to a truck, but I have loved this truck for as long as I can remember. Hurts to see it just sitting there rotting.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has been installing a 6.4 in a f150 right now and if all goes well it will be at truckfest this year. I helped him tube the rear for 18in slicks

Viking

Reaction score
I would have gone that route if my whole build wouldn't cost me the price of a built 6.4 haha.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
What would it entail to swapping in a 7.3? Seems like you would need a donor truck... Cause you'll need basicalliy everything right?

Viking

Reaction score
I am going to go pick up a motor today. I have some things in line right now for other parts as well. I didn't want the SD chassis as it is a lil heavier than an f-150 due to its purpose of build. This will be my winter build so parts gathering is what im doing right now.

If anything I can just build the motor for my 03 if I can get my hands on a 6.0.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Personally....I wouldn't do it....that's a lot of torque on a 150 frame, and A LOT of weight on the front end.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Personally....I wouldn't do it....that's a lot of torque on a 150 frame, and A LOT of weight on the front end.

I am glad WOP didn't let that stop them. If you have the time, fab skills, and or the money then you should do it.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score

That's why I had plans on doing a cab over. F150 body on a 6.4. Its easier then all the other sciit. I might still do it that way. Idk yet.

Latest posts

Members online