Anyone lower a '17 DRW yet?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Anyone lower a '17 DRW yet? F350 preferably but 450 info may get me pointed the right direction as well.

Curious if a rear block (haven't looked, is there one??) can come out with a factory Ford front spring replacement or if the aftermarket needs to come out and release something for it?

Truck sits a little higher than my '16 and I don't have much room on the tail of the trailer before it hits the ground, already rubbed everything on the '16 and I can just see the '17 being that much worse with 1.5-2.5in more height.

Already checked with Kelderman, can't drive the truck in the low mode on their stock height kit (allows 4in drop when parked)

I am going to lower my 17 f350 soon. Most likely just cut 1/2 of a coil up front, and adjust the rear with lowered blocks. But I need airbags before I get into that... Same issue, dragging the rear of my 52 foot enclosed trailer...

Also... I built extended ramps for a few exotics and corvettes that I've hauled. I used 2 x 10 boards, and lifted the rear of the trailer ramp door off of the ground, so I didn't drag the front airdamn of the super low sports cars as I loaded them. So, lifting the trailer, could still work for you, if you were so inclined to do something like that...

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am going to lower my 17 f350 soon. Most likely just cut 1/2 of a coil up front, and adjust the rear with lowered blocks. But I need airbags before I get into that... Same issue, dragging the rear of my 52 foot enclosed trailer...

text me when you want bags .

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score

Also... I built extended ramps for a few exotics and corvettes that I've hauled. I used 2 x 10 boards, and lifted the rear of the trailer ramp door off of the ground, so I didn't drag the front airdamn of the super low sports cars as I loaded them. So, lifting the trailer, could still work for you, if you were so inclined to do something like that...

I have custom ramps built which is why the trailer needs to stay where it is. Should have it all sorted soon, got a new hitch with a little height adjustment as well so hope to hook up right after the holidays and see how I make out.