Anyone use the Borgeson Steering Shaft?

PsRumors

Reaction score
I used one years ago on a Dodge due to a badly worn rag joint and it was top quality. But here is the issue I am chaising.

Ever since installing the D60 I have a very slight wander. The steering wheel has just a slight play which is the cause but I can't get the last bit of excessive play worked out. The wheel has enough play to go from the 12 to 1 position, probably a little less than that.

When I installed the d60 I used new BJs, bearings, bushings, tie rods, etc. The track bar is installed also with new bushings.

With someone turning the steering wheel I cannot detect any play anywhere but riding down the road it is there.

I have also adjusted the steering box per the service manual.

Jake

Reaction score
I have one in my OBS and it is REALLY nice much better than the factory POS that was in there. It solved my wandering problems.

BBottoms

Reaction score
Where do you find these? I've got a similar issue, all new parts with no noticeable play at rest but still have some wander on the road.

BBottoms

Reaction score
Nevermind, Google is my friend. That's awful expensive to try and hope it fixes the problem.... need more feedback :lookaround:

Tom S

Reaction score
Cool thread that I am interested in. What brand of Balljoints did you use that where you have that little bit of wander. If you had the truck aligned could you post up the alignment sheet?

PsRumors

Reaction score
I used all Napa premium line stuff, BJs, Bushings, etc.

I'll have to go through my paper work to find the alignment sheet but it was well within the specs listed in the service manual. I took the manual and told them I didn't care what their computer said I wanted it to match the manual. Their computer matched the manual.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I am curious to see what your camber and caster settings are at the difference from side to side (cross camber-cross caster). Did your Dana 60 require the adjustable bushings?

The receipt for the alignment is in the truck but I can't find the actual alignment info. It should be there with the receipt.

The axle didn't not require any alignment bushings.

Tom S

Reaction score
I mentioned that because it looks like my Dana 60 as it was when it came off the donor truck had a pretty neutral caster camber split if my measurements are right.

Latest posts

Members online