boost issues

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Hello everyone I need some help advise I got my truck out first time this year and I did upgrades and changes to it from last year I changed the fuel system to air dog 2 to a aeromotive 1000 deleted fuel bowl custom built rr lines and went from stock up pipes and manifolds to MPD up pipes and manifolds. I am running 205/100s s366/74/88 non turbo Andy Warren built transmission innovative 58v tuned Jesse warren tunes afe stage 2 intake(which doesn't fix well) zooda mod mrbp exhaust. Well the issue I'm having is that I'm losing or not getting boost and idk what it is manifolds and up pipes are tight turbo is bolted on tight to the up pipes down pipe is tight and I can only get the truck to built 20lbs of boost and I know that's not right so If anyone knows what is causing this plz comment thanks

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Holy punctuation... Do you have a tune to match the upgrades?
Also, do you have any trouble codes?
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Triumph1188

Reaction score
Holy punctuation... Do you have a tune to match the upgrades?
Also, do you have any trouble codes?
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

He has like two periods...

Proper grammar is overrated. Think about how many fewer buttons a keyboard would have without all those pesky symbols.

Jwarren

Reaction score
Are you getting lots of black smoke? There are a lot of factors that can play in here.

Are you getting enough fuel psi to the injectors with your new custom rr kit?

The truck could be in limp mode caused by bad icp sensor or a shorted wire.

Some sct devices do not read codes. There should be some codes in the system regardless.

I would recommend pressure testing from the turbo to the intake for leaks.

Last edited:

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
As of right now it smokes roughly the same as it did with the air dog 2 on there. I have had to mess with the psi because it I am feeding the front and the back of the heads at the same time. The psi was set at 60 and it was smoking so bad even when the turbo lit it would roll the smoke and it had a fuel knock to it. So I set the psi down to 50 and that took care of the smoke problem and fuel knock even the truck spoils faster. It cleans up the smoke when the turbo Is lit. It feels like it real good power when the turbo lights it will throw back anything u leave on the dash back into your lap. But like I said the boost gauge on the dash and they one on my pillar gauges only are showing 15 to 20 lbs of boost. I know that's not right

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Not that I know of I have the psi on the regalutor set at 50 psi. I have 5/8 lines from the sump to water separater, pump, fuel filter, and then regalutor. Then I have 3/8 lines running to the back and front of my heads. Then 1/2 line as my return line that hooks up to my factory line on the frame rail. I have a aeromative a1000 fuel pump. I never heard of the wot dropping when your using that pump.

swinky

Reaction score
How do you feed the front and back of the heads? What I'm getting from this is the regulator is under the truck and you're feeding the front and back of heads from the regulator?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes I do feed the front and back of the heads at the same time but my regulator is on top of the motor between the oil filter and the altanator. The pump and the filters are bolted on the frame under the drivers door about where the stock pump is located. After the regalutor couple inch 5/8 line tees off into a 2 1/2 lines that are each 3 inches long for both heads. Then after that I tee both of the 1/2 lines into 3/8 lines that go to the back and front of the heads on each side.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes I do feed the front and back of the heads at the same time but my regulator is on top of the motor between the oil filter and the altanator. The pump and the filters are bolted on the frame under the drivers door about where the stock pump is located. After the regalutor couple inch 5/8 line tees off into a 2 1/2 lines that are each 3 inches long for both heads. Then after that I tee both of the 1/2 lines into 3/8 lines that go to the back and front of the heads on each side.
This is wrong. That is probably your problem. Your not regulating fuel pressure at all.

You should have a line coming from the pump directly into the front of the heads then lines coming from the back of the heads into the regulator then the return from the the bottom of the regulator.

A1000---front of heads - - out back of heads - - into regulator - - out bottom of regulator--return to tank.

Last edited:

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
I don't know what the voltage is on the ICP sensor at wot. I actually have An extra ICP Sensor in my shed. So I'm going to swap the ICP sensors and replace the drivers side intercooler tube. And replace all the boots and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.