Cam, P&P, Springs

my79f

Reaction score
Matt pretty soon i need to pull the motor in my truck to fix an oil leak issue im having. While im in there i thought it would be a good time to get some things knocked out. How much is the cam I or II going to help me on bottom end spoolup? Im going to stick with a single turbo for the time being(currently non modded H2E on truck). What are the big benefits from a cam? Which cam is gonna be better for DD and Towing? I do not want to fly cut either. What about springs? Do you have a specific set you would suggest for this combo? Also is a port and polish suggested? Do you have somebody you trust to do this in central texas?

My current mods include
-modded 17
-Reg Return
-Stock H2e
-Rosewood 238/100's
-ARP's
-BTS

When i pull motor i want to:
-springs for sure
-pushrods for sure
-Possibly cam
-Possibly P&P

Thanks, Austin

Gearhead

Reaction score
The stage 1 cam helps spoolup by itself, but the cam and ported heads help more than the two parts separately. Shimmed 910 springs work fine for the stage 1 cam. There is a shop in Ft Worth that can do heads that I would trust, that's as far south as I can think of right now. TSD can do the install for you, they are in San Antonio (as central as I know).

my79f

Reaction score
Can you get me the name of that shop? Do you know about how much its gonna cost to get the heads done?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.