Center Caps Won't Fit

Viking

Reaction score
Got some 18" oem rims off a truck from the 08-10 body style. The rear center caps are to shallow and won't fit. Did the wheel mount backspacing change? I have an 03 that needs rear caps now haha.

Viking

Reaction score
Figured it out, took me a while to try and word it enough so I could find it. At first I thought I was done for and needed to get different rims.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Reaction score
Backspacing should have nothing to do with the caps not fitting. The wheel mounts in the same place no matter what. I believe it is the axle hub that sticks through the wheel are longer on the older trucks compared to the newer trucks.
I have a buddy with a dodge that is having the same issue and its because the axle housing sticks through further.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Backspacing should have nothing to do with the caps not fitting. The wheel mounts in the same place no matter what. I believe it is the axle hub that sticks through the wheel are longer on the older trucks compared to the newer trucks.
I have a buddy with a dodge that is having the same issue and its because the axle housing sticks through further.

That's because the axle width changed.

INFRNL

Reaction score
That's because the axle width changed.

yes, but axle width has nothing to do with getting the center caps to fit. Well, I guess in a sense it does. The amount the axle goes through the wheel is the issue. I am not sure if the OP has the exact issue.
My buddies issue is that the caps are not deep enough to go on all the way since the axle sticks our too far. this is what I thought the op was having an issue with.

Viking

Reaction score
I was having issues with the hub sticking out too far. My guess is axle width is causing my issues and I do need 2" adapters.

Edit: I was wondering about the WMS, I wasn't coming across as that. I couldn't remember "WMS" haha

Latest posts

Members online