Coolant Flush

jwlandry

Reaction score
My truck has 155,000 on the ticker and today i decided to change my coolant. I found gooches coolant flush procedure via google and followed it. I pulled the 2 plugs back in the block, the 3 hoses on the bottom of the radiator and drained it via the pet cock on the bottom of the radiator.

Flushed it

I put the plugs back in, hoses back on and tightned up the petcock then filled it up with 2 gal of coolant then 1 1/2 gal of distilled water.... Thats all it will hold! I know way more then 3 1/2 gallons came out of there. I let the truck run for about an hour and drove it down the road for a few miles.

When i got back still no change. Still shows full. The drive side hose that goes around the belt was hot so i know the thermostat is opening up but the bottom hose on the drive side was not hot. Is there a chance that the air cant get out of there? Should i crack open the plug in the block again to see if that will let the air out? The gauge never moved to hot.

I opened up the high point on the system but still no air came out. Any ideas here.

Latest posts

Members online