cooper S/T wearing issues

Pstroke96

Reaction score
one of my tires is much more warn than the other three. the tread blocks are uneven, and it is making the truck shake at highway speeds. all four were mounted and balanced at the same time. i rotated the tires about 5-6k miles ago and this tire was warn more than the others but was wearing evenly across the tire, now its on the front and the tread blocks are wearing unevenly. the other front tire is still wearing properly so its not an allignment issue. has anybody else had an issue like this? and if so were you covered by anything?

thanks guys

Pstroke96

Reaction score
yeah they were tough to balance. they took about 2.25 oz per side but the shaking didnt start until recently

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
It seems S/Ts are pretty hit or miss, I've seen a few sets wear great, and I've seen a set on our department's f350 wear out uneven, cupped, and scalloped within 10k miles. I would take them back, considering the others are wearing good, I would say bad tire not bad driver.

Tom S

Reaction score
I am curious why are a certain it is not an alignment issue?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
I am curious why are a certain it is not an alignment issue?

because it started out on the back from brand new and about 10k later i rotated them, that one was warn more than the other three. but was warn evenly, now about 5-6k later that one is warn unevenly and it has a shake at highway speeds that wasnt there untill recentley, also the other front tire is warn evenly.

im not totally ruleing out an allignment issue but wouldnt both front tires be warn bad if it was?

Tom S

Reaction score
Well for instance camber being off can wear the tire on the one edge. If this tire started getting stupid while it was on the back though I would think bad tire. Did that tire take more weight then the rest of them?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Well for instance camber being off can wear the tire on the one edge. If this tire started getting stupid while it was on the back though I would think bad tire. Did that tire take more weight then the rest of them?

i dont believe it took any real amount of weight more im pretty good about properly distributing. the tire is wearing evenly left to right but the tread blocks are all crookedly warn

Dtm030

Reaction score
You need to take them to where you bought them. Cooper has great warranties and it sounds like a bad tire. They should warrant that no probs.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
now if i get it warranteed will i get money back? or a new tire? if i get a new tire maybe i should replace just the fronts?

Dtm030

Reaction score
Cooper used to pro-rata warranty them. So if your tires are 50% worn they should give you 50% off a new tire i think. I'm not sure if they still work that way. They would just gave a new tire for free sometimes. Think it depends on how bad it was and how much people bitch to them.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i emailed cooper about the issue and they had this to say
looks like i gotta go back to where i got them

"To evaluate your tire concern, visit your Cooper dealer. Cooper products are backed by a workmanship and materials warranty that our independent tire dealers administer on a regular basis. The Cooper Tire Limited Warranty applies down to 2/32nds of treadwear remaining or 72 months from date of purchase, whichever comes first. If the date of purchase is not available, then the date of manufacture on the tire will be used to determine eligibility. You must be the original purchaser of the tires. Any tire that is deemed to have an eligible adjustable condition as determined by one of our independent tire dealers shall be processed according to the terms of the Cooper Warranty Program. Our independent tire dealers make the determination on what qualifies as an eligible adjustable condition, and handle all warranty returns. Cooper Tire does not warranty road hazards."

smokedout250

Reaction score
I use to work at a tire store when I was about 18.... we had really good luck with cooper and there warranties.... but I can tell youthat be carefull and firm on what you want... a tire place will screw you... I had one do the same thing they said it was either my truck or I was doing burn offs... so just go in there and tell them like it is lol

Latest posts

Members online