Cr conversion twin turbos

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Thinking about going to twins. Whos kits are you running. I am trying to decide if i want to keep my Garrett BB and build around it or go with a complete kit.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
from looking at my swap and building my twin kit i dont think their really is much of a complete kit out their due to the lack of room. unless someone else with a fummins built a homemade set and is selling it. i may be wrong on this tho, but thats just what i seams like.

Deputydog

Reaction score
Mine is getting twins right now, its all going to have to be custom built. I'm not aware of anyone that makes a drop in kit but its possible.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Im not a CumminGs guy by an stretch but seems i remember hearing of guys running 37/45 compounds in the past.... CompD is really the place to ask, truthfully

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Yes i am running a GT37 from Tom @ Turbo Resource. He recommended that i run a GT4508. He said i could run a non BB without issue. He also said a GT4508R would also be an option if i want to spend the extra $500. On the other hand he said that the GTX4508R would be Sooo overkill for a street/tow set up.
I was hoping to find plumbing as a kit as i have lost my work space and will have to do this in my driveway and it cant take more than a weekend to install.
GOS has a kit

Txpsd

Reaction score
I know ****** was trying to put together a kit, but I don't know for sure if he completed them or not yet. I know it gets tricky with how custom these engines are set in the bay. It makes the room so much different from truck to truck and most pipes need to be one offs to accommodate. He was using s300/s400 setups back when my truck was built. I am sure the game has changed since then.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
GOS builds a kit.. They hotpipe is amazing!! It's pricey but I think I got a pic somewhere.. Forcefed had some pics of it.

Bean also makes a kit.

My two cents on the Garrett chargers is you are gonna see the charger light 100 rpm faster and make roughly 30hp more and cost $700 more than a traditional BW charger.

I'm planning on going with a 66/74 secondary w/ an 88/96 primary on my Fummins convo.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
DSCN1236.jpg

There ya go.. pics for everyone!!

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Looks like a stout setup. Any pictures of the components before you bolted it up? Whos motor mounts are you using? GOS hinted that the destroked mounts have the motor off center to the right.
What do you think of the oil filter relocator? That is on my list to get from Destroked as i hate trying to get to the filter in the stock location with a single let alone twins.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I can get you in touch with the guy that did the assembly. If you want his number just let me know. He's not a GOS anymore.

But everything for the conversion hard ware wise was DeStroked's. Filter relocation worked slick. I only managed to do 1 oil change before the truck was stolen and with the filters out in the open it as easy breezy.

samoht517

Reaction score
We run a super bee over a custom Borg Warner. Seems to fit in really nice with the housing that's on the big turbo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online