Cruise Control as High Idle?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Damn! Nothing is ever easy. lol I'll try messing around with it tomorrow too after digging into the workshop manuals a bit. Maybe theres something in there to shed a little light on things. I have a 5r too so maybe something will be different?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Haha! That is one of the more mesmerizing avatars I've seen!

mclean

Reaction score
it may just scare the crap out of you if you aren't expecting it.....lol

Haha does it do the same thing my old kem345 file did...if you were brave enough to hit resume you had to hold on for dear life because it wanted to get back up to speed right now haha.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Well, things arent looking good. I tried messing around with it and also cant make it work. Tried at different engine temps and in both Park and Neutral. Going to do some more research... but dont think I'm going to come up with much else to try.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Well, things arent looking good. I tried messing around with it and also cant make it work. Tried at different engine temps and in both Park and Neutral. Going to do some more research... but dont think I'm going to come up with much else to try.

The cruise control subroutine is looking to lock a speed and not an engine RPM. It would have to be in the operating system to do this feature an not just in the calibration area.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
The cruise control subroutine is looking to lock a speed and not an engine RPM. It would have to be in the operating system to do this feature an not just in the calibration area.

Yeah, I figured there was more to it than as easy as I made it sound.... but wanted to expore the option regardless. Oh well.... :toast:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wonder if there is something else you could do to set the idle higher Ect with another feature

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have set my idle higher for the cold weather. I used the ambient air temperature idle table. And thats nice and all, but i did like the coolant table for idle speed better just because the truck warms up and then idles down when i want. So it didn't keep a high idle just because the air was cold.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah thats what i figured. But i did try it the other way just for sh**s and giggles. It really helps on the really cold days(based on coolant temp). Pennsylvania weather really does blow sometimes! I blame my drinking on that!LOLLOL

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
There was a Ford reflash for aggressive resume on cruise. It is a much later cal than most of the aftermarket ones are based on, as well as PTO idle ramp speeds changed to faster ramp up to 1200 with that flash.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.