Dyno #'s drag time on Matt's race tune

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Do you have anyone eldest race tune that you could compare to?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

MINK

Reaction score
Do you have anyone eldest race tune that you could compare to?

Look in his sig, Kem ran 13.2 on his truck

Matts race tune is very on par with others, 12.7-13.2 are verry common times between all the race tunes for a "stock" truck. IMO Matts tune runs cooler and smoother than the other tunes ive played with - did I mention no smoke :)

Dustball8504

Reaction score
So you are the one who the dyno operator told me made 500 on the H&S lol. I guess you didn't tell him you were actually running an SCT.

He also said I should get rid of my SCT with Erics tune for the H&S because it's the only one that proved to do any power for a tuner only 6.4 on his super accurate dyno.

Last edited:

MINK

Reaction score
So you are the one who the dyno operator told me made 500 on the H&S lol. I guess you didn't tell him you were actually running an SCT.

He also said I should get rid of my SCT with Erics tune for the H&S because it's the only one that proved to do any power for a tuner only 6.4 on his super accurate dyno.

The joys of a dyno - honestly yours should of been higher. The track tells the story regardless.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
The joys of a dyno - honestly yours should of been higher. The track tells the story regardless.

Oh I know, it's a joke for my sig now haha. My truck has already been 13.3 @101 on Gearheads Hot Street tune and the XRace is stronger. I also dynoed a little over 500 at Fall Brawl.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Yeah I was just wondering cuz I've ran a race tune from another company and was faster and 7870lbs with a 1.8 60'. Not starting a **** fest between tuners though cuz I hate stupid arguements when you need raw numbers from the same truck. Crazy gearhead is that much faster than KEM though!

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Yeah I was just wondering cuz I've ran a race tune from another company and was faster and 7870lbs with a 1.8 60'. Not starting a **** fest between tuners though cuz I hate stupid arguements when you need raw numbers from the same truck. Crazy gearhead is that much faster than KEM though!

Gearhead has a lot more power throughout the rpms than Kem don't get me wrong the 345 is a great tune just not as fast as gearhead.

MINK

Reaction score

Again hard to compare as his times are different tracks, conditions etc. Also you saying your "other" tune was faster is pointless as you are throwing a entire different truck into the equation.

Another member did a very good test with IDP and gearhead a month or so back, same track, truck, conditions - gearhead turned out to be faster. Granted anyone who has done a few passes knows it is a challenge in its self to run consistently as a driver, also your trucks temps can change along with the track. So many variables, If people proved a certain tune to ALWAYS average say a .5 of a second faster then the others then I might bite on someone regarding a "fastest" tune.

Latest posts

Members online