Early 99 no start

Tom S

Reaction score
The batteries charge together. A good charger can do both at one time. If the batteries are low the truck can turn over but not start.

caladash

Reaction score
The batteries charge together. A good charger can do both at one time. If the batteries are low the truck can turn over but not start.

If I only had a good charger!! I think that might be next on my to buy list!!

Arisley

Reaction score
I know they said they checked the fuses again, but did they check with a meter or with eyes. Never trust the eyes.

Also check the IDM relay, getting a buzz test and then not getting one sounds like it might be a relay. You can swap the blower moter relay in there for test purposes.

But yes, the batts must be hot.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yeah it has no nut on the end of it but even clamping it in place, no dice. Ordered a new nut anyways.

You mean the IPR?

Like Arisley said, check fuses with a meter or test light, the blade fuses are great for that all you have to do is probe the top of them. I use a test light and just probe both sides.

If batteries are low it may fail to energize a relay.

Arisley

Reaction score
If that works, all you gotta do is hang a five gallon bucket of diesel over the motor. Set up a slow drip into the intake. Instant lo tech direct injection.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Several times I have used ether to solve a no start. I still don't know what the problem was, but once started, it went away. I'm beginning to be of the opinion the PCM just has "***k you" moments, for which the response is ether, or as I like to call it "take this shyt HUEI".

caladash

Reaction score
Alright now im pissed!! Swapped the relays and still no start. AE wouldnt connect so I thought the pcm fuse was done. When I put my meter to it i pushed on the fuse box I heard a click and the wait to start light came on. Tried to start it and it fired up. I think something is loose or the relays are intermittent. Buzz came back good and no failures on the koeo and the keor. Cleared codes and scanned again and no comm error....

Tom S

Reaction score
If the SD is like the OBS there is a small piece that connect each fuse to an internal buss bar that could be jacked up.

Tom

Latest posts

Members online