Found a 6.4, is it a deal?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I've found a 2008 F350 ext.(super cab) sb beautiful black xlt all stock 132k miles 410 gears 6 speed manual for 16,000$. Stock wheels 275/70/18's. As far as I know it hasn't had egr ******. Since I don't know much about these 6.4's how do you tell for sure it's been ******d and what's the necessary mods to do to this truck? And if it's a good running/driving truck is it worth it

djr4x4

Reaction score
If the EGR cooler is there then its not ******d.. What's circled in green is the EGR cooler
egr%20cooler_zpscaz58js0.jpg

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Is 410 gears normal for these models? I'm actually going to test drive tomorrow. What are the mods needed to be done to a 6.4?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Is 410 gears normal for these models? I'm actually going to test drive tomorrow. What are the mods needed to be done to a 6.4?
Most I have seen have 3.73 gears. Best mod you can do is tune and dleet but it will probably run you around $1500. The egr could have been turned off without the coolers being removed and to see if it had the dp f removed you could look for soot in the tailpipe and any sign that the exhaust bolts have been loosened. Overall it sounds like it could be a good deal if it was well maintained and is in good shape. Also this should be posted in 6.4 tech, this is the mcc tuning subforum.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I thought that's where I posted. How do you move it? Thanks for the reply btw. I looked up spec on ford PDF file and it doesn't say srw was offered with 410 gears. But it could have been special ordered or changed. I've read some about the hydraulic clutch and depate about south bend. And some trouble with radiator. Debate on wastegate after ******. And using thick oil not synthetic and don't idle any more than you have to. They sound like a pain in the arse. If I pay 16,400 del.... And tuning prolly tires,exhaust ,gauges I'll have 20+ in it. After I get my 7.3 finished it should be good for as long as I'll need it. I'll check it out might be a good truck

CataldiCSD

Reaction score
I've found a 2008 F350 ext.(super cab) sb beautiful black xlt all stock 132k miles 410 gears 6 speed manual for 16,000$. Stock wheels 275/70/18's. As far as I know it hasn't had egr ******. Since I don't know much about these 6.4's how do you tell for sure it's been ******d and what's the necessary mods to do to this truck? And if it's a good running/driving truck is it worth it

9ux344.jpg

2dj1e9k.jpg

I picked this 2008 up for 15,700 came with 195K miles, Sinister Egr ******, Flo Pro Intake elbow, 5" Diamond Eye Stainless Exhaust, Viper remote start / security, S & B Intake, and a Mini Max.

Last edited:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
There's an '11 I looked at the other night with h&s xrt tuner ******. Cc/sb 4x4 bts 6" lift37's on 2 piece black 20's. This truck is a beSt. 5" straight back. 125k miles. He's asking 23$k cash but wants to trade my 01 when it's fixed. 13k and my truck. I would love to do it but it just seems a lil wierd.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Be very careful in checking out whatever you buy. I know a guy who just bought a 6.4 that blew up on the way home from the dealer. $12,000 rebuild later and the dealer refused to take it back when he called them on the way home...

Dirtclod

Reaction score
That sux!its the chance we take though. I looked at an 11 Sunday. It has h&s xrt d....,,,5" straight back 6" tip. Bds 6" lift 37's with 2 piece black 20's. Cc/sb white blk not lariat. 23k cash. I told him about my 01 and ask if he would be interested in a trade. 13k and my 01 after the engine swap and all fixed. It has 125k miles and this truck is a beast! Unreal at the power. But I'm scared to death of doing it. I feel like something ain't right.
I picked up a 2000 250 today to swap engines and this motor runs very strong. 223k miles. The truck has been hit behind ext cab door and the truck is pretty well ragged out. But I swear,with a set of tires,alignment,and fix whatever's is clanking in the right rear wheel hub(probably brakes) I would pull 20k lbs anywhere with it. It's all stock to. I'm going to tell the guy sell it if he can and if he don't when I get mine fixed we'll talk then.

Latest posts

Members online