Frozen Door Latches

Kane

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced opening they're doors when the truck sat overnight and the latch was frozen open? My dealer replaced the latch and it froze again. They picked the truck up today and replaced it with a 2018 f350 and hopefully its fixed but I wont know until the temps drop under 30*.
I'll tell you, its getting old driving my truck while holding my door closed!

BTW - I have a 17' F350 Platinum CC Diesel.

Thanks!
Mike

Hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
Mine does it too. All I have to do is push the lock down manually when it doesn’t want to latch and then close the door and it will latch. If you open the door again before it thaws, you have to push the lock down again. It’s retarded but it’s always made it latch and stay closed. Curious to see if the 2018 model makes a difference.

fbilly420

Reaction score
There is a recall on the new F150's for this problem. My girlfriends truck got all 4 latches replaced with "updated" latches and it still does it.

Kane

Reaction score
You can't clean and regrease them yourself?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've cleaned, greased, sprayed and prayed to Sweet Baby Jesus and nothing works!! Lol.

Update - My dealer swapped out a latch from an 18' and so far so good!! I've spoken to several other people who have f-250 and f-350s who have no issues so it seems hit or miss.